PDA

View Full Version : Whats the most money you've ever seen at a Party NL/PL ring game?

jwvdcw
10-16-2004, 05:08 PM
The biggest Party Poker NL/PL games allow you to sit down with $200. I was wondering whats the most you've ever seen someone win in one session. I've been up over $1000 a few times but never over $1500...whats the highest you've ever seen?

largeeyes
10-16-2004, 05:17 PM
Friend of mine was at a 200PL game with over $3000. Think he cashed out at 2100.

daryn
10-16-2004, 05:18 PM
i saw a 2+2er once sitting with $4800 at a NL 200

MicroBob
10-16-2004, 05:26 PM
I played against a total all-in maniac who kept re-buying every time he would lose who was at $800 on an NL-25 6-max table.

I posted about my experience in the forums...it was a few mths ago. Baulucky and Rollaj were involved in the thread as I recall.

I finished up about $20 against him with some really crazy swings. Just tried to push my EV.

Couple days later I saw him blow through his whole bit. He kept re-buying and re-buying and eventually didn't have anything left. He was chatting with some buddy of is and he kept saying things like "wait..i still have a couple more buy-ins....i can get it back against these idiots"

I was break-even again...but without the wild-swings as I really didn't get any playable cards and there were a couple of others at the table who kept taking him on when they had strong holdings. Turned out to be VERY profitable for them.

He's on my buddy-list but I haven't seen him since. Oh well.

KC50
10-16-2004, 06:53 PM
It was 2-3 weeks ago I was searching for a table and ran across a player with over $4700. Could have been the same one. Can't remember his handle. Who was it that you saw?

KC

JustPlayingSmart
10-16-2004, 10:31 PM
It's not the biggest in terms of buyins, but I was at a table Tuesday with 2 guys that had >$300 and went raised to $50 every hand. At first I thought they were colluding because even if they tripled someone up they would still hvae them well covered and the odds were that they would bust them the next time.

I picked up A3s in the bb and one of the big guys folded (first time in 12 hands), and the small blind raised me all in. I had already gone broke twice with AQ and AK against them, and I knew I needed to double and then wait for a hand to really make some money, so I figured I would take this hand with a probable 55% or so edge. I won the hand, then tripled with JJ to get to 300. Then, both the big stacks busted against another guy's KK, putting him up to 650. One big stack left, and the other kept rebuying. I took 3 buyins from him to get to $450. Then he got up to $175 and pushed in on me in the sb when i had AQ in the bb. His KJ won so i dropped to $275, where I ended up. He gave his last $300 to the $650 dude, who left the table with $950 (19 buyins). I finished up a disappointing $130 at the table.

It was really fun though. I couldn't wait for the next hand to see if I would get something to gamble with. Amazingly, I was actually playing good poker at the other 3 tables, and finished the session up $250 in total.

daryn
10-17-2004, 05:16 AM
it was the name spikework. i would reveal the 2+2er but i don't know if he wants his name out there. maybe he will come forward!