PDA

View Full Version : a river beat - no limit tourney - curious

stephensolo
10-16-2004, 05:03 PM
my bad beat for the week:

i was down to the last 3 tables at a 30 table no limit $40 tourney recently with $1500 in chips (second to the chip leader at my table). i raised the bb bet ($100) to $400 on the button with J /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif and was called by the small blind, the chip leader.

heads up, the flop came j /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

a modest $200 bet was made to me. i should say that i had just being re-tabled and had to deal with a big chip leader, knowing nothing about his style. i went all-in with my remaining chips, putting him in another $800 (about a third of his stack). i knew i had him beat with my top pair, and as he turned over A /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif i felt vindication. then came 4 and 5 to make his straight and all i could do was stumble away.

i kept telling myself that the chip leader made the wrong play, but im not so sure. i keep second guessing going all in like i did, but honestly, i think id would have been the same outcome either way. my friend has suggested it was a risky bet for me being so close to being in the money (final table)... oh well.

The4thFilm
10-16-2004, 05:04 PM
LOL

Bad Beat Story Detector
10-16-2004, 05:52 PM
You deserved it you little crybaby bitch. Take your whiny bad beat stories out of here and don't ever come back. I'm glad you lost.

TheTimeIsUp
10-16-2004, 07:05 PM
Who cares? Don't join these forums just to post this trash..

stephensolo
10-17-2004, 01:45 PM
trash huh. well, i hadn't thought of this post as trash. i figured someone might have insight as to the bet i made in that situation. if you have no opinion on the matter, that's cool.

citanul
10-17-2004, 01:52 PM
your bet was fine, his call was bad, you got beaten and wanted to whine about it.
if not, the first line of your post would not have included "bad beat of the week" or whatever. the worst part about posts like this is that the player/poster almost always knows that they played the hand fine, and just want to whine.
other poker forums have bad beat story forums, find one of them for this crap.

citanul