PDA

View Full Version : A personal best and advice sought.

Hotchile
10-16-2004, 04:26 PM
I have had a fairly amazing little run. I have made the final table in my last 4 MTT and won the last one. They are small so forget about asking for money......but, I am still happy with the progress.

I have found a flaw in my game though. I play well down to two tables and I play well at the final table (thousands of sit n go's as practice). My problem is that second to last table. I seem to bleed alot of chips there and end up going to the final table shortstacked.

I would like any and all advice on how to approach the tourney when it is between 10 & 20 players.

HC

Klak
10-16-2004, 05:01 PM
id say get more aggressive when theres 10-20 players left. everyone will be playing screwed down trying to get to the final table and you will be able gain lots of chips by stealing blinds and bluffing.

Hotchile
10-16-2004, 05:43 PM
If you raise 3x the blind and get confronted with an all-in reraise of 6x the blind more, what range of hands should you consider calling with?

This is one of the places that I am finding myself burning chips. I try an aggressive steal with a hand like AJ and get backraised and find myself laying the hand down in almost every case.

Klak
10-16-2004, 05:55 PM
yeah i think you can lay down AJ to a reraise. id say start stealing with crap hands in good position. Ax is a decent steal hand in late position and no callers.