PDA

View Full Version : Last evening....

slavic
10-16-2004, 03:30 PM
So I walk into the local card barn and suprise suprise a 100/200 is being spread. 6 handed (people I play with and know fairly well), 5 people seeing most flops.

I only brought enough to play 20/40 the bank is closed and my ATM cards strip has demagnatized.

Ah well perhaps it's fate and I was saved from losing next months mortgage.

Oh and it was interesting seeing a $3 rake and a $1 jackpot drop taken in an all black chip game.

Photoc
10-16-2004, 04:39 PM
That game should be an hourly rate game. And it's probably a good thing that you didn't risk your mortgage to play in a game that loose, lol.

nolanfan34
10-16-2004, 06:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And it's probably a good thing that you didn't risk your mortgage to play in a game that loose, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't know Slavic. I don't think the players in that game who know him would want him to sit down.

Photoc
10-16-2004, 08:25 PM
From a personal standpoint, I never feel it wise to risk more $ than your bankroll entails. If you are dipping into your mortgage to play, there are greater consequences than just taking your bankroll into a larger game such as this. That was all that I was saying.

Lazymeatball
10-17-2004, 10:42 AM
It's just an expression. I doubt he would seriously risk his mortgage, but rather, risk an amount equal to his mortgage that he could afford to lose.

turnipmonster
10-17-2004, 07:48 PM
how come they play with black chips instead of quarters? I would think it would be a 4/8 chips structure just like 20/40. is this not the case?

slavic
10-18-2004, 03:48 PM
Nope it was an all black chip game. Most players bought in for a rack.

slavic
10-18-2004, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's just an expression. I doubt he would seriously risk his mortgage, but rather, risk an amount equal to his mortgage that he could afford to lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be true. Any given hand could cost as much as my Mortgage. Oh well I have nothing to complain about the 20 game was quite nice.