PDA

View Full Version : No Limit Questions

05-18-2002, 08:54 PM
I usually post on RGP, but nowadays they're more concerned with killing each other's reputations than promoting poker, this is a post I first posted there, so ill re-post it here to see if I can get some intelligent responses.

I am currently trying to improve my no limit holdem game, but have run into a few snags that I haven't found a decent solution to in any of the books I've read. Please include position, and types of players you'd make this play against. Assume all hands are no more than 3 handed (myself included. Also,

Thanks,

Matt

Question 1:

I have AK or AQ, and flop top pair with my undercard (K or Q), flush draw (2 suited cards) on board. How big do I bet/check raise?

I have AA or KK, i have an overpair to the flop

How big do I bet?

I've flopped the nut flush draw with middle pair. I am in EARLY POSITION.

What do I do?

I've flopped a str8 draw with my pair in hand (i.e. I hold a pair of 9's also in EARLY POSITION

and the board comes 678) What do I do?

05-19-2002, 07:13 PM
I would almost always bet the around the size of the pot. You cannot afford to underbet the pot in the first two examples since there are many drawing hands out there. When i am drawing and i have many outs (in your case you have roughly 15 outs with nut flush draw and middle pair) i would just come out with a pot sized bet. There is nothing better than winning it without a fight. Offcourse you would have to vary how you play your hands sometimes check call othertimes bet etc...

For the hand you mentioned with 99 if i have two to three opponents i would bet around the size of the pot, anymore opponents and i would check call depending on whos betting his stack size and the amount he bets.

-MJ

Ps. stack sizes are very important you should always mentioned them in ur posts. Why?

Suppose you flop top pair with your AK the pot contains $400 and you opponent has $500 then you should set him all in. But what do you do if he has $5000. Hands can be played differently according to stack sizes and opponent tendencies.