PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Fritzoid the mental skitzoid

Schneids
10-16-2004, 01:27 PM
Party $10/20 6max

CO plays not too well. I don't know how UTG+1 plays.

SB posts small blind [$5].
Schneids posts big blind [$10].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Schneids [ Jc Ad ]
UTG fold.
UTG+1 raises [$20].
CO calls [$20].
button folds.
SB folds.
Schneids calls [$10].

** Dealing Flop ** [ 5s, Tc, 2c ]
Schneids checks.
UTG+1 checks.
CO checks.

** Dealing Turn ** [ 4d ]
Schneids checks.
UTG+1 bets [$20].
CO calls [$20].
Schneids raises [$40].
UTG+1 calls [$20].
CO calls [$20].

** Dealing River ** [ Ts ]
Schneids bets [$20]...

fyodor
10-16-2004, 01:46 PM
Yikes!

Would have been nice if one of them had of folded to your checkraise.

Obviously any callers you get on the river will beat you (A5, A4, A2, PP) so the river bet is more for knocking out hands that beat you but won't call (AK, AQ, + sometimes some of those other ones)

Some chance you have the best hand to begin with. You are risking 1 bet to win the pot for those times you don't. I'm ok with that.

DrGutshot
10-16-2004, 01:56 PM
sure seems like they had missed highcards to me. I like this play, but usually don't have the balls to pull it off. I would feel more comfortable doing it against people I have stronger reads againt. Also, if they know you're capable of pulling this, then I throw this play out the window...maybe I'd use it once every session, as long as I knew that the villians were capable of laying down trash pairs. The loose passives at 5/10 now make this play pretty much impossible...
-DrG

Schneids
10-17-2004, 05:09 PM
I got called by the fishy CO who held Qc7c. I guess he thought I might c/r semibluff with J3 or something?

When the turn came up I thought it felt like a weird spot to **value** check-raise ace-high, as I was pretty sure the PFR would have bet a better ace-high on the flop as that flop does not look too scary and he would have no reason yet to assume he is not in the lead. So, when it got checked around on the flop I felt like there was a decent chance I was in the lead. So the turn added a gutshot to my hand, and I decided I'd check and take a freecard if it got checked around, or check raise any bet because these people would have bet the flop if they had anything (basically, A4 or A3 are my only mild concerns, though that's minimal considering the wide range of other hands both these players could have and play the same way). And obviously, if the PFR 3-bets I turbo muck though I did not expect that to happen since most of the time people do not slowplay in this game.

Mrah? Just felt like a weird hand where I had confidence in checkraising with ace-high against two players, for value.