PDA

View Full Version : 20/40 Borgata Hand

Monkeyslacks
10-16-2004, 01:56 AM
I'm new to the table which looks about to break. The Friday tourney was about to start and half of our players left to play in it. As I get my first hand, we're five-handed with one walker.

Red Kings. Button open raises, small blind reraises, I cap it and both call.

Flop: 26J w/ 2 clubs. Small blind checks, I bet, Button calls, small blind checkraises and I 3-bet. Both call.

Turn: Qd. Small blind bets out. I...?

Manzanita
10-16-2004, 10:29 PM
Monkeyslacks,

Given the action through the flop it seems that the SB's most likely hand is an overpair to the Jack-high board. When the Queen comes on the turn I suspect that you are now in serious trouble (especially considering that you have been betting/raising at every opportunity and yet the SB still bets into you). At this point I would just call the hand down.

-- Manzanita

elysium
10-17-2004, 01:43 PM
hi monkey

raise. this is an interesting pre-flop. there's room to call here i think. not sure though. does anyone see any advantage to calling the pre-flop? can it ever be done? i'm leaning against it but sometimes keeping the strength hidden when a possible reraise is coming and the cap is reasonably possible anyway, sometimes calling can be correct, particularly when your raises are getting too much respect.

the strong argument against calling is of course that in this type situation, you may be reraising with something less than ABC. however, the reraise is a little loud. hmmmm.....i don't know. calling may have some merit in a few isolated situations.

Stormwolf
11-07-2004, 09:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hi monkey

raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
if he is going to risk 2bets by raising why not use those bets to call down and see if its good?I dont know what you accomplish by raising, if he 3bets you supposed to fold?, with ths pot this big woundnt be better to invest those 2 bets to call and showdown?