PDA

View Full Version : AK on the button, what's your plan? (Question's at the bottom)

Chaostracize
10-16-2004, 01:38 AM
I want to preface this with a little bit of bitching and moaning, so scroll down if you want to get to my question. Foxwoods has to be the worst cardroom in America. Terrible dealers, terrible floor people, and some of the most obnoxious regulars, ever.

First this tilting 20 something who raises every pot reraises all-in from the BB with A9 and gets called hesitantly by this kid with AK who doesn't realize I haven't folded my 44 yet. The dealer thinks he'd folded when I folded and mucked my cards and dropped the deck while the AK kid was putting his chips in.

The table erupts at the dealer who'd misdealt 3 times already, flipped someone's card up and dealt someone else 3 cards, in the span of 15 minutes. Keep in mind we're paying 10 dollars an hour at this table. The floor person is called over, after a minute's deliberation he announces the hand is dead and that everyone get their money back. WHAT? While I have no stake in this hand, this ruling is clearly wrong. He goes over to ANOTHER floor person who says the same thing. So, whatever, I get ten bucks back. Horrible decision and if I had AK I never would have let that decision stand until every floorperson in the building agreed. I assume the deck should be reshuffled and dealt out, or my cards should be taken from the deck, cause I showed the table what they were and deal out the deck as is, since she really only dropped it. But what's the correct ruling for this?

Second, in another hand, UTG raised to 15 preflop, my friend called the 15, and another person pushed for 18. UTG wanted to reraise all-in for another 120 or thereabouts, to which I stated, you cannot do that, you can only call. The dealer looks at me like I'm the most moronic person on the face of the earth and states that if the guy who was all in raised fifty cents then the action is reopened. I just shut my mouth, cause I didn't want to argue. My friend had to fold his 77. On the flop came a 7, and my friend would have made a good amount of money and that made me angry. At least when I asked the floorperson he told me I was right and that the raise from the person all-in had to be at least half the original raise to reopen the action, I was amazed that a dealer didn't know that. The same dealer who I corrected about the minimum raise someone could make after the bet was made 15 (the correct answer being 28, the dealer saying 30).

All in all, this was the most unenjoyable night of cards I've ever had. Every person was fighting with one another and I got about 5 hands and had to pay the timed rake, which is absolutely ridiculous.

Onto my question. I had since moved to another table. It's 7 handed. LAG UTG who just sat down a few minutes ago opens with a raise to 12. There's a call and I look down to see A /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif. I decide I can either call or raise. I call this time waiting to see a flop before I do anything else. Bad decision?

BB calls and here we go.

Flop comes: 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

BB suddenly grabs some chips and throws 30 into the pot of 49, he has slightly over 200. UTG is clearly angry. He finally flips up the two red kings with two people left to act. I've seen this guy do worse things like grab other people's cards, etcetera.

The next person folds. I have around 200, BB has me covered. What's my action for the flop, turn and river?