PDA

View Full Version : Draws, F'ing Draws

Dreamcatcher
10-16-2004, 01:27 AM
I have been in a drought lately on draws and it made me curious how big an epidemic the "draw" phenomenon was. Obviously any non-idiot player knows to call any bet with a draw and maybe even a raise. Also, any semi-intelligent player knows to bet or raise with a nut flush or draw.
My problem, lately, has been the "draw drought". I like to "play" poker, and one of my problems with draws is that I feel handcuffed. This has been complicated lately by the fact that none of my draws have completed. I decided to track my hands tonight (why I haven't done this sooner, I haven't a clue).
Anyway, I picked up a draw on the flop eight times tonight. I made my draw one time, J 9 - straight. My opponent had the same hand. I have lost too much money on draws tonight. Anyone have any insight. Any ideas? At least tell me this happens to other people. Please.

pudley4
10-16-2004, 11:03 AM
It happens.

sourbeaver
10-16-2004, 11:45 AM
I can tell you this is absolutely my case also.
I'm assuming you play limit, which is a bit easier on the bankroll if you chase. I still like to chase my draws in NL when the odds warrant it, yet I do not complete them much, as is your case. It gets to a point where you wonder if these draws are even profitable, or so little that they are not worth the chase.

Sundevils21
10-16-2004, 12:44 PM
Poker,F'ing Poker
It happens.
It happens to me.
It happens to other people.
It happens to everyone.

It will happen again to you. Try not to pay so much attention as to whether or not you hit the cards you want and focus on how you played the hands.
Welcome to the forums!! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

dogmeat
10-16-2004, 01:12 PM
It happens. I went through a very extended period where I couldn't make a flush draw. In fact, I checked my poker tracker stats when I noticed this happening, and it was 1850 hands inbetween flushes - that's crazy!@

While I was writing the above I had an open-ended straight draw on Pacific $5/$10. The pot managed to grow to $150 - and I missed. Yeah, it hurts. It happens. Poker is all about having to say ouch!

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif