PDA

View Full Version : Rakeback question

Greg J
10-15-2004, 10:35 PM
I feel a little embarassed about asking this, being a bit of a regular, but if you don't know, you don't know, so I guess I'll just ask. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have recently moved up to .5/1 and got pokertracker and looked at how much rake I am paying. Wow! I would be winning SO much more if it weren't for rake.

I am 100% ignorant of how the concept of rakeback works. Can someone explain this to me? How do I get a good rakeback deal?

Thanks!

Mangatang
10-16-2004, 12:26 AM
A rake-back plan is something you work out between yourself and an affiliate. Since he is getting a percentage of the rake you generate on the site, he will give you back a portion of it. Different people give back different amounts, so you have to work that out on a individual basis.

The rake-back deal is not considered legal by Party (or any other site), so if you use it, keep it on the hush hush.

If you decide to go for one of these, I advise finding a regular poster on 2+2 that you trust and have heard good things about. Let the buyer beware.

Most deals I've seen offer to pay you back 50-75% of the money they get from your rake. They usually get 20-25% of your total rake contribution. The hard part is that they don't have any direct method of tracking how much rake you, as an individual has contributed. They only see a total for all their players, so they will probably ask you to keep track using Poker Tracker or something. Again, you have to have a trust relationship on both ends for this thing to work.

morgant
10-16-2004, 04:56 AM
he is correct except for the tracking issues, empire is the only site that seems to have these problems and yes some people have to group all there trackers together(but not all). I cut and pasted from a different post I made on finding an affiliate.

when you are searching for affiliates, you shouldnt put a post up here on 2+2. you will get many offers some legit and some from scammers. you should pm a poster here you respect and ask for help, or ask a friend who they use etc..... they most assuredly give it even if they dont know who you are. this will help weed out the trolls and scammers from these boards. and result in you with a forthright trustworthy affiliate.

gl
morg.

Rudbaeck
10-16-2004, 06:26 AM
What horrible deals. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I don't think I'd settle for anything less than 20% of my rake back. Most of the good affiliates here give back everything but 5%. So if they get 30% you get 25%. (And they get 30% when their customers generate over $10,000 in rake a month. Considering that a single full time player at 3/6 or above generates about $4,000 in rake each month that's a trivial figure.)

Try to hold out for 25% back from a respected poster.

Also requests for affiliates is posted in the Internet Gambling forum.

Greg J
10-16-2004, 09:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The rake-back deal is not considered legal by Party (or any other site), so if you use it, keep it on the hush hush.

[/ QUOTE ]
So then what is with the big Rakereturns-dot-com banner at the top of the screen? I'm confused! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Mangatang
10-16-2004, 10:02 AM
Risk versus reward. I don't know how serious the sites are about enforcing their rules, but it is spelled out in the affiliate agreement.

Rudbaeck
10-16-2004, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
So then what is with the big Rakereturns-dot-com banner at the top of the screen? I'm confused! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not even all Party skins frown on rakebacks.

And if you read the page where the rakeback banner takes you you'll notice that your rakeback for Party won't be paid in cash, it will be paid in gift cheques at various major online stores.

Giving gifts to good players was ok with Party...

CT11
10-16-2004, 04:55 PM
how does party calculate the rake that the affiliate gets? Is it the same as PT or does a player generate 1/10th of the rake for a given hand (assuming a 10 player game)?

~CT11

Nottom
10-17-2004, 11:58 AM
Rake payed for the hand/# of players who were dealt cards.

Escape
10-18-2004, 12:33 PM
How much rake would one generate playing 0.5/1 at party, for lets say 15 hours a week? Is it worth to get a rake back deal?

Nottom
10-18-2004, 11:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How much rake would one generate playing 0.5/1 at party, for lets say 15 hours a week? Is it worth to get a rake back deal?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you play 10K hands at that level you are contributing almost $300 of the rake. If you can get a 20% kickback thats $60.

Its not a whole lot but its better than nothing.

I play 5/10 and expect to get back $800-1000/month.

slickpoppa
10-19-2004, 12:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A rake-back plan is something you work out between yourself and an affiliate. Since he is getting a percentage of the rake you generate on the site, he will give you back a portion of it. Different people give back different amounts, so you have to work that out on a individual basis.

If you decide to go for one of these, I advise finding a regular poster on 2+2 that you trust and have heard good things about. Let the buyer beware.

Most deals I've seen offer to pay you back 50-75% of the money they get from your rake. They usually get 20-25% of your total rake contribution. The hard part is that they don't have any direct method of tracking how much rake you, as an individual has contributed. They only see a total for all their players, so they will probably ask you to keep track using Poker Tracker or something. Again, you have to have a trust relationship on both ends for this thing to work.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif Ok, I'm still confused. So an affiliate is a private individual who worked out some deal with the site? How did they set up this deal? What reason does the site have for giving a portion of your rake to the affiliate?

Mangatang
10-19-2004, 01:08 AM
Go to the home page of any major site (Party, UB, Pacific, Paradise, etc.) and click on the "Affiliates" menu.

Poker sites pay affiliates because they bring in customers for them. Basically, they are paying for advertising. All the little poker site banner ads you see on the side here are affiliate ads. Go to my site, and you'll see much of the same. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

slickpoppa
10-19-2004, 01:27 AM
Thanks, i think i get it now.

Bukem_
10-20-2004, 10:24 AM
I signed up at party a few months ago to play the play money games, and I never deposited any money there or used any sign up codes.

Can I still sign up through an affiliate to get rakeback?

Is rakereturns.com worthwhile?

Smokey98
10-20-2004, 01:56 PM
Yeah, if you're interested in "gift certificates" as your rake back. I'd rather have a rake back with cash.

bbarroninsc
10-21-2004, 12:50 AM

Greg J
10-21-2004, 02:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, if you're interested in "gift certificates" as your rake back. I'd rather have a rake back with cash.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah me too! Don't worry Smokey -- I might be dumb but I'm not THAT dumb! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

morgant
10-21-2004, 02:18 AM
he offers 15% back at empire, that is atrocious, go spam somewhere the intended audience aren't so knowledgeable about the product.

ps, for any beginners reading this thread, you can get 20%+ very easily, just takes a little homework.

morg.

bbarroninsc
10-21-2004, 01:23 PM

morgant
10-21-2004, 02:54 PM
Advertising your affiliate info. in a thread here is not allowed......SPAM. if i can get 25% and I have even seen 30% than your numbers look paltry at best. As for your security you have 6 posts here and are completely unkown, i am happy about your ebay track record, that is like if i am trying to get staked here for a big tournament and show how well i do in tournament chess.

I made no allegations, and my observations were true and legitimate.

Neil Stevens
10-22-2004, 01:37 AM
Beware that some of the online cardrooms ban affiliates from giving rakeback deal, so with those places a rakeback deal will ALWAYS involve someone who's not interested in honoring his commitments.

I'd read up on the affiliate agreement of the place you intend to play before entering into a deal like that.

JPNet
10-22-2004, 03:34 PM
I have just under 10k hands at Empire .50/1.00, and my rake contribution in PT is approaching $300. However, what I have been told, by the affiliate I signed up with, is that Empire deducts any deposit bonus when calculating the rake amount to the affiliate. As well, you must have $50 minimum in rake contribution. As a result, no rake rebate went to the affiliate in July or August, because I had deposit bonus money that had to be offset first. In September, I didn't play enough to make the $50 in rake, so no money to the affiliate. In October so far I have almost $100 in rake contribution, so next month I should see my first, small, rebate.