PDA

View Full Version : Creating a Party Mini-view

AleoMagus
10-15-2004, 07:19 PM
I'm just wondering if any of those who know a lot about party software can answer some questions.

What would a person need to do in order to create a Partypoker/skins Mini-view?

Is it as simple as going into the Images files and shrinking all of these images? I think that's probably too easy, and if it is more complicated than that, what else needs to be done?

What I want to create specifically, is table image that can fit 4 non-overlapping tables on a 1024x768 resolution monitor.

Regards
Brad S

Jeff W
10-15-2004, 07:24 PM
I don't know much about the Partypoker software, but I know its more complicated than editing image files. I think the easiest way to do this might not be to edit the software itself. Instead, why not create a program that gathers information from the party windows and displays it in such a way that it fits on your monitor in an alternate GUI.

It's definitely easier to just buy a bigger/higher resolution monitor though.

Piers
10-15-2004, 11:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know much about the Partypoker software, but I know its more complicated than editing image files. I think the easiest way to do this might not be to edit the software itself. Instead, why not create a program that gathers information from the party windows and displays it in such a way that it fits on your monitor in an alternate GUI..

[/ QUOTE ]

I think creating your own GUI is the way to go. You should be able to get all the information you need from the hand history file on the computer. You would need your program to remotely control the Party client buttons. I almost feel tempted.

[ QUOTE ]

It's definitely easier to just buy a bigger/higher resolution monitor though.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not really possible to get more than four games at once on a monitor. However if you manage to get a spread sheet type GUI going, it should be possible to get the full 20 games going on one monitor – four for each skin.

Once you have done all this you will be half way to writing your own bot.

Soleo
10-16-2004, 05:59 AM
One well known person did that in 2002 for Paradise Poker. I don't know any details other than he mentioned
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=l8v8yzjez4b.fsf%40posev.com&output=gpl ain