PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play around NH area?

CaptObvious
10-15-2004, 06:46 PM
Anyone play around NH area?

toots
10-15-2004, 07:58 PM
Well, every once in a while, I drive down to Connecticut.

CountDuckula
10-16-2004, 12:22 AM
Are you looking for a place to play in NH? If so, try here (http://www.montecarlonh.com/). I haven't played there yet (I live in the Boston area, work in Nashua), but one of the guys who works in my building likes it a lot.

-Mike

Scotty O
10-16-2004, 09:27 AM
I have played there. Its OK. They have tournaments all the time. The VIG is a bit high for some of the events, but overall its not bad for low limit ($1-2) poker. Beats a 2 hour drive to Foxwoods.

Knoler
10-16-2004, 10:14 PM
I have played there. Its OK. They have tournaments all the time. The VIG is a bit high for some of the events, but overall its not bad for low limit ($1-2) poker. Beats a 2 hour drive to Foxwoods.

Looks like it's dealer's choice...what games usually get played? Do they ever have tables dedicated to one game?

Thanks,
-Brian

Scotty O
10-16-2004, 11:06 PM
Well, they have a No Foldem holdem table going most of the time. The house games are were the money is at. They play games like:
Criss-Cross (Hi/low), 727, Pharoh hi/low, 6 card stud Hi/low with 2 rebuys, etc.

Some of these games are crazy, 7 people at a table, 6 will go to the end. Rake is a little hi for the games (up to 5 or 6 bucks per hand).

On a Friday night, they will have up to 30-50 players for the 25/25 rebuy tourney. Its a crap shoot at the beginning because they start u out at 500 chips.

Give it a try and see what you think. Give us a trip report if you go.

Iplaydrunk
10-17-2004, 12:11 AM
I'm really surprised at these responces regarding the MonteCarlo. I played there once about a year ago. I got there early before there was a holdem game going and played in the Dealer's choice game. I was the only player there that did not know all the other players. After about 2 hours and not winning a single pot and witnessing some og the stuff that went on. I thought for sure that people were working together. There were a couple of players who would pick up a down card and hold it in such a way that the players on either side surely had to have been able to see it. The same with 'pitch cards'. I also think there was some signally going on.

I can't be sure of anything I stated above, and I did NOT play in the holdem game, but the choice game really did not feel right to me at all. Maybe it was just an loose-aggresive game and I couldn't adjust or just caught a bad run of cards for the day, but honestly the actions of my opponants just seemed quite a bit off.

Scotty O
10-17-2004, 12:57 AM
I have played up there a lot, but have been playing online so much, I cant beat the slow pace of the live game. The people up there are mostly retirees playing the house games and young kids playing the tournaments. I have never felt like they were working together.

If there is anyone think of playing live, in the NH area this is the place to go, unless you can find someone in the area.

youtalkfunny
10-17-2004, 04:08 AM
From the link posted above:

"For Texas Hold 'Em, the Rake shall consist of one dollar when there is any action beyond the initial blinds and an additional dollar when the pot reaches each $10 increment. The maximum rake shall be $6 is there are fewer than 8 players, and $8 if there are 8 or more players."

I'd rather take my money and set it on fire.

CaptObvious
10-18-2004, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
From the link posted above:

"For Texas Hold 'Em, the Rake shall consist of one dollar when there is any action beyond the initial blinds and an additional dollar when the pot reaches each $10 increment. The maximum rake shall be $6 is there are fewer than 8 players, and $8 if there are 8 or more players."

I'd rather take my money and set it on fire.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

Anyways, yeah, sure, I play at the Lodge quite a bit. I was just seeing what other games are going around the area. If you've been in there, you've probably seen me there. :-)

toots
10-18-2004, 05:38 PM
Boy, if there are any other games around Southern NH, particularly in the Nausea/Manchestah area, I'd sure be interested to hear about it.

GaelicGrindFRC
10-18-2004, 07:07 PM
I play in a Wen., thur. night home game .Low buy in NL hold em one table tournament.Once a month there is a $250 buy in, winner take all for one table,1-3 payouts when we play two tables. These are all in Pepperell Mass . ALso Mon. nights in Ayer Mass. at La Sita,resteraunt they host a nl game . $50 buy in I believe .Playing next Mon.Oh..it's everyother Monday night Sorry.Regarding the Elks club ,I played there a won several tournies,but don't play anymore after I caught some chip dumping.Oh...well

Jeststeve
10-19-2004, 12:46 PM
Recently played there for the first and last time. Seems like everyone knows each other and I don't know about team work, but there was undue respect given to each other when I was in a hand, then dumped. Several times there was aggressive betting while I was in the pot, then checked down after I got out. Collusion? Maybe - maybe not, but enough not to go back. This was tourney, very loose play in that. Never did the live games.

There is NLHE tournament every other Monday in Manchester at the Bingo Hall. Don't play live there much but the tourney usually gets 100 or more players. $100 buy in. $50 rebuys. Next one should be on the 25th.

There is also a game every weekend in Laconia at the 'Fun Spot'. Same type of tourney. Typical 1-2 live games.

There are also a lot of 'chairty' tournments being held in and around portsmouth. No real schedule, just sort of come up a few times a month.

CaptObvious
10-19-2004, 06:08 PM
Cool. Thanks for the postings. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Haven't played a lot of the tourneys at the lodge, but, a lot of the live games (which is fine.) Find the play is pretty loose enough as it is, good way to win some (s)low -limit stakes.. : )

Anyways, we play a home game(s) too during the week. Low buy-ins usually. The days vary. Anyone interested just send me a message sometime...

Always fun to play with new blood, I think.

Scotty O
10-22-2004, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

There is NLHE tournament every other Monday in Manchester at the Bingo Hall. Don't play live there much but the tourney usually gets 100 or more players. $100 buy in. $50 rebuys. Next one should be on the 25th.

[/ QUOTE ]
I hear the rake for this tourney is unreal. They take like 50% of the total amount of the prizepool

GaelicGrindFRC
10-24-2004, 02:43 PM
Heard the wsop champplayed at the elks club Friday night .

CaptObvious
10-25-2004, 04:55 PM
Yeap, he did. He's a really nice guy, too. He was playing people heads up after the tournament, and signing autographs and such. Pretty cool time.