PDA

View Full Version : NL hand in BB

05-07-2002, 07:11 PM
I'm in the 50 cent big blind in this hand holding 4-7 hearts and I've got ~50 or so, and the other two have me covered, with ASH holding 200+ b/c of his KJ hand.

The player in question, again, is ASH, who I described in the previous post. He's a decent player but talks too much while in a hand, often giving off tells. The last time I've won a hand against him would have to be when the Clippers entered the playoffs. [though one day the Clippers will make it!]

Anyways, there's a couple callers and ASH is in middle position and calls, a couple or so fold and I check my blind. There are 4 players with a pot of $2 whopping bucks.

Flop: 10-6-5 with the 10 and 6 being hearts. I've got an open ended straight draw and a flush draw.

I bet $2 into the pot, one calls, ASH raises and makes it $4 to go. I call the $2 more and the other player calls $2.

Three players with a flop of $14.

I put ASH on top pair, decent kicker and the other caller on some sort of draw. I haven't really seen ASH raise with drawing hands.

The turn is a beautiful 3 of hearts.

The board: 10h-6h-5s-3h.

I've got a 7high flush.

I check, caller checks and ASH bets $10.

My plan is going accordingly, and I make it $20 to go. The caller calls $20 cold and then ASH calls and raises another $30.

I've got ~25 left and in the main pot there's $104. [2 preflop + 12 flop + 10 ash bet + 20 my raise + 20 coldcall + 40 call and raise]

What is your play and what would you have done differently? All comments and help are appreciated.

Thanks.

-Joe

05-07-2002, 07:20 PM
Again, he pulls something out of his okole [butthole in hawaii] and raises me on the flop with Jh-5h. He had bottom pair with a Jack high flush draw.

I called the last of my 25 and the caller still called. I failed to go with my read because as I was thinking of whether or not to call, he started talking and yapping and he said 'just let me have it, fold, etc' i knew it was reverse psychology, but I couldn't come to grips to lay it down after he raised me on the flop since I've never seen him do it with a flush draw. Should I have even thought about calling on the turn, was it an easy call with the pot laying me 4-1? Or am I just an idiot. The best possible hand that I put him on after the 30 dollar raise on the turn was a set because he would have had to hold suited connected hearts or Ah-5h but his flop raise really just got my turned in circles. I'll admit it, he got me that time with his raise.

The river was an offsuit high card and I lose, again, to him. The caller all the way had a straight lower than mine.

This guy is driving me nuts. My main question is if I should have called his raise [the last of my 25 bucks with ~100 in the pot and with one person left to act who just cold called a 20 dollar raise.

These guys are learning quick. They're usually straightforward and would not raise the flop with a draw, but hey, they can't play badly forever.

Comments, concerns, complaints are welcome.

-Joe

05-08-2002, 04:50 PM
u think him raising $2 (which was exactly ur bet) was a mistake? i think he might have put u on top pair and tried to slow u down... i don't know

peace