PDA

View Full Version : HU hand

durron597
10-15-2004, 04:43 PM
PokerRoom is being a bitch with the hand histories, so I don't have it.

$20+$2 SnG, down to HU. Stacks 7200/7800. Blinds 500/1000. Opponent is not overly LAG but seems to have a good understanding of the gap concept. Early in the SnG you marked him as the best player other than yourself. He has two actions in the SB preflop, miniraise and fold. He miniraises, you have K7o in the BB. Action?

Edit: I should mention that you've both been folding a bunch, and you've gotten to showdown twice after a miniraise from him: Your QJs pushed over the top, he had 77 and you got 3:1 chiplead when J hit the river, and A7s pushed over the top, he had QQ and hit his set to make the stacks even again.

lorinda
10-15-2004, 04:53 PM
a) fold

b) place a piece of masking tape over the bit of the table where the flop should be.
call the raise and push all in on the flop.

If he's got another 77 hand, I want him to release it, if he's got better then I'm done anyway.

Lori

durron597
10-15-2004, 05:01 PM
How do you choose between a) and b)?

lorinda
10-15-2004, 05:02 PM
Flip a coin.

I think it's very close.

Lori

DrPhysic
10-15-2004, 06:36 PM
Lori,

If you decide to play, why wait until after the flop to push? I grant that with 500/1000 blinds, 2k bet, your only options are fold, push, or call then push, but why give up the folding equity of pushing before the flop? Depends on the player, but I have seen lots of players that will fold a decent (non monster) hand to a push. (and if he doesn't fold, the king ain't so bad. You still have outs.)

????

Doc

edit: rephrased question: what is the advantage to the call then push over pushing preflop? You are doing something here I don't understand yet.

D

lorinda
10-15-2004, 06:51 PM
but why give up the folding equity of pushing before the flop?

I think the folding equity is much higher post flop, but it's just my belief with no backup.

Preflop, the guy has been showing reasonable hands and won't be folding a 77 or a KQ. Post flop however, if it comes, say A39 he'd fold either and clearly there are flops that fail to fit either/or on quite a regular basis.

Edit: Remember he's seen our QJ and A7s

Lori

DrPhysic
10-15-2004, 08:45 PM
Thanks.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot to think about that, and the circumstance under which he saw it. You have a good point.

Doc

RacersEdge
10-15-2004, 09:30 PM
If you by the 30-60 (some say 70) rule, K7o falls just outside the 30% range, so you fold. But the stop and go is interesting too since it is close and you do have some hand history with this player.

durron597
10-15-2004, 09:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think those were bad pushes?