PDA

View Full Version : HU back and forth

sfbruin
10-15-2004, 04:08 PM
PP $30 SnG. My opponent came in with a huge chip lead on me but has slowly leaked it away by going all-in on almost every hand. I was short stacked, so calling was pretty much my only play and I doubled up a few times. I took a full minute to decide what to do on this hand and I don't know if I made the right choice. What's the correct play against a loose very very aggressive player?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t600 (2 handed)

Button (t3680)
Hero (t4320)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Button raises to t3680 (All-In)</font>, Hero ...

rjb03
10-15-2004, 04:09 PM
folds...I'd rather steal his blind next hand with any two than call here.

2planka
10-15-2004, 04:13 PM
Fold it. OK to push if you're first to act, but not worth calling even heads up. Let it go and fire at his blind next time.

lorinda
10-15-2004, 04:13 PM
What's the correct play against a loose very very aggressive player?

As long as this description is accurate then I probably call this and see what happens.

Lori

lorinda
10-15-2004, 04:15 PM
Fold it. OK to push if you're first to act,

If the guy is loose then there's probably not much edge in position.

Lori

sfbruin
10-15-2004, 04:21 PM
Well, he's being going all-in on most hands so obviously he can't have a hand every time. I called an all-in when I still had t1400 and he turned over Q4s. Then I went all-in a couple hands later w/ t1200 total and he called and flipped over 83o.

jedi
10-15-2004, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold it. OK to push if you're first to act,

If the guy is loose then there's probably not much edge in position.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not, but at least Hero has SOME folding equity if he pushes first. There's ZERO folding equity if he calls the all-in.

lorinda
10-15-2004, 04:26 PM
Well you have a 4320/8000 chance of winning on chip count, which is 54%.

If you fold you have a 3720/8000 chance of winning purely by chips is 46.5%, if he's going all in every hand, there is not a great deal you can do at these limits to increase your odds a vast amount, other than by picking a reasonable spot.

If you call here, assuming he will do this with any two cards, A2s has a 55.5% chance of winning.
Edit: You also have a 640/8000 chance of winning if you lose this pot. = 8.0%, meaning that by calling you'll win 63.5% of the time here as long as you are certain of your read.

These my friends are the facts, I'll let the jury decide /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Lori

Bremen
10-15-2004, 04:31 PM
If he goes all-in almost every hand, which can be a very effective stratagy btw, then you absolutely cannot wait for a better hand. Doing so will just blind you off so low that if you win the all-in you'll still be a shorter stack. IE you'll constantly be all-in in situations where you can bust out but he can't. Even if you have the best of it the odds will eventually catch up to you and you'll bust out.

2planka
10-15-2004, 04:35 PM
"it's not even close." /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nicely stated Lorinda. I'm still probably too weak to make this call, but the numbers are compelling.

Had a similar situation in the Atlantic SNG last night and made the call in spite of myself. Whaddaya know? It worked out in my favor. Go figure...

I stand corrected.

rjb03
10-15-2004, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
folds...I'd rather steal his blind next hand with any two than call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I overlooked the fact that he was pushing every hand here. With this information I'd say a call is in order.

RacersEdge
10-15-2004, 11:12 PM
If he is that loose, I think it's an easy call. You have about a top 28% hand - and he's been pushing with much worse.