PDA

View Full Version : 2 extra BB's....play any hand?

zuluking
10-15-2004, 01:56 PM
Just now on PP, 2 joined the table and posted. I'm dealt this hand and call. Wrong move or right odds?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.5. UTG posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG (poster) checks, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO (poster) checks, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero folds, CO folds, SB folds.

D.H.
10-15-2004, 02:38 PM
Do you play T3s on the button after 2 limpers?

adamstewart
10-15-2004, 02:58 PM
Fold. (Bad hand in bad position).

...and we're talking BB = "big blinds" here, not "big bets."

PS. this most is more appropriate for the micro-limits forum

Grisgra
10-15-2004, 03:30 PM
Limpers will have at least marginally good hands, posters start with average hands.

Nevertheless, no way I pay to see a flop with AnyTwoSooted just because there's a couple of posters. Especially not from UTG+2. Someone could, um, maybe, raise?

D.H.
10-15-2004, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Limpers will have at least marginally good hands, posters start with average hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but it doesn't make much of a difference here. Think about what you are hoping to flop with this hand. For you to be happy you have to flop the flush draw or some miracle two pair or better. If you do that, it won't matter much if the hands you are up against are limping hands or average hands.

Grisgra
10-15-2004, 04:57 PM
I agree. Now, in some situations it may make sense to see a flop, as even if you don't hit it will be easier to steal the pot from a couple average hands than it would be from a couple good hands. A 10-handed game where you've got T3s in UTG+2 . . . not one of those situations.