PDA

View Full Version : Quite funny...third time I've seen someone check these down...

rjb03
10-15-2004, 01:16 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (7 handed)

Hero (t1670)
MP1 (t1980)
MP2 (t2390)
CO (t1850)
Button (t2930)
SB (t1220)
BB (t1460)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Hero folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls t30, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB raises to t120</font>, MP2 calls t90.

Flop: (t255) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: (t255) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks.

River: (t255) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks.

Final Pot: t255

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB has 7s 7h (four of a kind, sevens).
MP2 has 9h Qh (one pair, sevens).
Outcome: BB wins t255. </font>

His reasoning: I thought he'd at least bet the ace, nevermind the other free cards. How would you play these...other than the fact they were raised from the BB?

zephyr
10-15-2004, 01:36 PM
I'd definetly check the flop, and hope that my opponent stabs at the pot, if not, your hand is not vulnerable to a free card. I may even check the turn, since the 2 probably did nothing for my opponent. I think you can reasonably assume that your opponent doesn't have a 10 as he would have probably bet it somewhere along the way since his hand is so vulnerable. The ace either made your opponent a nice second best hand, or made his hand very easy to fold if you now bet. Nevertheless, I'd still take a stab on the river, maybe 2/3 pot and hope for a crying call with a weak ace/low PP or have him come over the top of me with a medium ace.

Only my opinion,

Zephyr