PDA

View Full Version : How many BB's won = a good session?

MrGo
10-15-2004, 01:04 PM
A few questions:

There's been tons of talk on what one's win rate whould be over the course of thousands of hands, hours at the table, months, years, etc...

For a session to be a good one, how many BB's do you expect to win? What about in an average session?

Also when do you stop your session? Should you stop if the game is good but you are fatigued? Do you stop when you have lost a certain amount of money? Do you stop on a given time limit?

wabe
10-15-2004, 01:14 PM
My sessions are usually one or two tables for about one to three hours at a time. As such, a good session is one that I end on an up note.

Sessions end for any of those reasons, but usually because I'm tired, bored, or I've hit a given time limit. If I'm losing money but playing "correctly" (not on tilt), I don't have a problem putting in more money.

Tosh
10-15-2004, 01:28 PM
I think that any session that you win a higher amount than your win rate is a 'good' session.

I basically stop when I've had enough or got something else to do. Losses / difficulty of game have never been a factor.

AncientPC
10-15-2004, 01:38 PM
At least 8+ BB/100, keep in mind I play NL.

It felt weird the other day because I had recently moved from NL 25 to NL 50. Despite the fact that my money was up the equivalent of a good day on NL 25, I was actually dissapointed by my profits because the BB/100 was halved.

I felt that I could do better, perhaps not reach the BB/100 of NL 25 but at least somewhat better.

Richard Berg
10-15-2004, 01:38 PM
A talented online pro should expect to make about 1 million BB's in his session.

(note use of singular declension)

GuyOnTilt
10-15-2004, 01:48 PM
Hey MrGo,

A good session is one that I can walk away from knowing I made more than my average hourly rate 'cause I was playing exceptionally well or table conditions were better than normal. As far as results go, most of my sessions are between 2 and 4 hours long and I 8-table. Anything over my hourly rate of 2.3 BB/tbl/hr is something to smile about.

GoT

goofball
10-15-2004, 01:52 PM
BB's won >0

stoxtrader
10-15-2004, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I 8-table. Anything over my hourly rate of 2.3 BB/tbl/hr is something to smile about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, 552$/hour? get some freaking hours in.

GuyOnTilt
10-15-2004, 01:58 PM
get some freaking hours in.

Easier said than done. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

GoT

Grisgra
10-15-2004, 02:28 PM
Obviously, I'm content any time I don't lose $$, but in general I'm *happy* anytime I'm finishing up 30BB or more. My usual sessions are probably around 500-600 hands. (Of course, finishing with +0BB after being down 30BB earlier in the night will make me just as happy.)

Goes without saying that I'm dancing around my apt. like a yahoo when I have one of those +50BB to +100BB sessions /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Yeah, yeah, I know, emotional control, blah blah blah.

astroglide
10-15-2004, 02:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Current status: +$105,027 as of Sept 24, 4:16am PDT, 643.5 hours of play later.

[/ QUOTE ]

105027/643.5 = $162.21/hr. presumably not all of this was 8-tabling, but i find it very hard to believe that you're basing your $552/hr figure on a large amount of hours. it would take only 190 hours of play to make 105k at that rate.

GuyOnTilt
10-15-2004, 02:41 PM
Hey Astro,

I've only been 8-tabling for the last ~20k hands and none of those are reflected in my posted $120k challenge thingie. I haven't updated those numbers since I started. I was 2-tabling till March, 3-tabling till September, and 4 and 6-tabling till a couple weeks ago. So I'm not sure what my actual 8-tabling hourly rate will be yet since I only have ~20k hands at it. I very much doubt it'll be over $500/hr, but I'm pretty sure it'll be over $400 still. That just being based on the "feel" of how well I'm playing 8 tables as compared to 6, 4, and 3. I won't have the numbers to back it up for another month or two.

Thanks for reminding me about it though. I'll have to check and update it, but I think I may have reached my goal. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

GoT

bernie
10-15-2004, 05:25 PM
If it's a real tough table, 1BB would be great! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Actually, GoT had a great response. To me a good session is knowing i played well even if i lost. Sounds cliche, but it's true. If you're playing well, the chips are coming so the results don't matter.

Of course, that's not real comforting when you're getting you're asshanders award for the 8th str8 day and you'd just like to know what the cashiers cage looks like again instead of the ATM machine.

8 tables GoT!?! Jesus! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

b