PDA

View Full Version : Fold a Flush??

Dave H.
10-15-2004, 11:35 AM
Never happened to me before so just wondering what anyone else would have done in this situation:

10 people, loose aggressive, micro limits.

I get a pair (4,4). Eight people are in for one bet including me.

Flop is J,J,4

I check, someone raises, I reraise, and 5 people wind up staying in. Turn card is 9. The betting continues, capped off with all 5 people staying in. River is another J, meaning of course that I'm dead against any pair or another Jack.

Should I fold at the river? I was in 3rd position at the river and there were already 2 bets to me.

Thank you.

AncientPC
10-15-2004, 12:42 PM
No, just call it down. The pot's so big at that point that you need to try to see the showdown for a few bets.

KenProspero
10-15-2004, 03:03 PM
I'm a beginner too so may be wrong, but I think the hand you had is called a full-house, not a flush /images/graemlins/wink.gif (Sorry couldn't resist)

As to your question, I think you have to swallow hard and call it down here. Too big a pot to fold.

sucka
10-15-2004, 04:55 PM
I know this is one of those "the pots big you have to call" kinda things - but it is soooooo obvious that at least one person has a Jack from the flop on.

With action behind me and it's already 2 bets to me, I'm seriously considering a fold here as it may very well end up costing me 3 or 4 bets for someone to show me their Jack.

I think in some cases, it's pretty obvious you are beat and it's safe to fold on the end - particularly if it has the potential to cost you multiple bets on the end. If you are closing the action here - I'm calling 2 bets, unfortunately you aren't which makes the situation even uglier.

With this many people in the hand - there's no way that a Jack isn't out there. Let it go...

Chris Daddy Cool
10-15-2004, 08:27 PM
firstly, it's a full house, not a flush. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

but yea, generally the way these types of hands are played out, it'd be silly to call more than one bet on the river, if any bet at all.