PDA

View Full Version : Poker Stats...any advice?

jguy3348
10-15-2004, 10:54 AM
I have my first 2000 hands in Poker Tracker. I am taking my first shot at trying to adjust my game. Anyone care to comment. I would appreciate it.

.50/1.00 limit Empire.

I have an idea what these numbers should be. I am terrible with pre flop agression. Any suggestion on game adjustments I might think about.

Vol $ in pot 13.06
Raise pre flop 2.26
went to SD 28.50
win $ see flop 19.25
Put in SB 24.43
raise pre flop 2.26
Agression factor .61

Folding Between on River 44.07

Hands I lost most $ on (accounts for half of all the $ I lost) KQo ATs AJo ATo AA AKs..

SB, BB are big loosers also.

thanks

lorinda
10-15-2004, 10:59 AM
With your VP$IP you can almost (not quite) raise every time you put chips in.

You can also play a few more hands than you are in that game, but there's nothing wrong with starting out too tight, there are however bad things wrong with starting too passive.

Maybe for the next series of hands you could adopt a policy of raise or fold except where it is clearly a limp to you.

To those who will be more detailed than this, my philosophy is always 'one step at a time'

Lori.

IggyWH
10-15-2004, 11:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have my first 2000 hands in Poker Tracker. I am taking my first shot at trying to adjust my game. Anyone care to comment. I would appreciate it.

.50/1.00 limit Empire.

I have an idea what these numbers should be. I am terrible with pre flop agression. Any suggestion on game adjustments I might think about.

Vol $ in pot 13.06
Raise pre flop 2.26
went to SD 28.50
win $ see flop 19.25
Put in SB 24.43
raise pre flop 2.26
Agression factor .61

Folding Between on River 44.07

Hands I lost most $ on (accounts for half of all the $ I lost) KQo ATs AJo ATo AA AKs..

SB, BB are big loosers also.

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a tight player, but you're so tight, if we put a piece of coal up your butt, we'd get a diamond. Here's a good resource for starting hands that I used for the little time I played limit :

http://www.internettexasholdem.com/index.php?option=com_static&staticfile=starthand/starthand.php&Itemid=68

With the big hands that you stated you lost big on, good hands will get cracked from time to time. You have to do certain things though to lower that cracking down. Pre-flop raise is a must for any of those hands. You want to get that fool who's holding 85o to fold before he can get lucky on the flop. You want to keep your aggression factor up so bet after the flop and even after the turn if you raised pre-flop. If the flop is 25T rainbow and you're holding AQs, you still have 2 over cards. Take a demanding stance... you don't know how many times I've got people to fold when I have had nothing. Also don't ever forget, winning the big pots is always nice, but no pot is too small for the taking!

Wahoo91
10-15-2004, 12:31 PM
Is that total aggression or what? Please post all aggression numbers.

Total aggression s/b minimum 1.5, probably better at closer to 1.8 to 2.0.

VPIP too low (s/b 17-19)
PFR too low (s/b 9-11)

jtr
10-15-2004, 12:33 PM
<font color="red">Vol $ in pot 13.06</font>

Too tight. Play more hands, don't go higher than 20%, play positionally. This VPIP is about right for early position, so you probably need to loosen up more as you get closer to the button.

<font color="red">Raise pre flop 2.26</font>

Way too low. This should be at least 3 times higher. What do you do with ATs after 4 callers? What do you do with KJo in late position after one loose player has limped in? These are raising opportunities you may be missing. It looks like you're sticking with AA, KK, QQ, and AK perhaps?

<font color="red">went to SD 28.50</font>

Probably on the low side. You may be folding too readily on the later streets.

<font color="red">win $ see flop 19.25</font>

Suggests you have been unlucky so far. This is usually more like 30% for a tight player.

<font color="red">Put in SB 24.43</font>

Fine. Maybe a shade too tight, but fine.

<font color="red">Agression factor .61 </font>

Is this including preflop aggression, or is it the average of flop, turn and raise aggression? (PT allows the use of either; you have to check a box.) Either way it's too low. Bet when you have a hand or a strong draw, and keep betting until someone gives you good reason to slow down. Don't call so much: imagine your call button was broken and you could only raise or fold.

<font color="red">Folding Between on River 44.07</font>

Could be OK, it depends on how the cards have come down for you. (This is folding on river, right?)

<font color="red">Hands I lost most $ on...</font>

Too early to take this seriously. The fact that AA is on the list of losers should be a reminder that you don't have anywhere near enough hands in your database yet.

<font color="red">SB, BB are big loosers also. </font>

This is to be expected, as you have to pay for the blinds. How bad is "big"?

Hope this helps,
--JTR.