PDA

View Full Version : New Ultimate Bet Reload

justin D
10-15-2004, 03:21 AM
From an email...

Time to top up your account? Let us help! We’re offering a 50% Redeposit Bonus, up to $100, when you deposit $50 or more between 6PM ET October 15th and 6PM ET October 17th. It’s just in time for Rebuy Madness. Coincidence? Oh, I don’t think so. Anyway, check the website for full details and reload your weaponry today.

justin D
10-15-2004, 03:25 AM
Its also on the website.

http://www.ultimatebet.com/promotions/redeposit-bonus.html

Wahoo91
10-15-2004, 12:28 PM
I still have $277 left from previous reloads. UB ring games are terrible, they are far too tight.

Party with no bonus is better BB/100 than UB with bonus.

Losing all
10-15-2004, 02:07 PM
If you time it right you can make $20 an hour playing 3 tables of break even 1-2.

SomethingClever
10-15-2004, 03:03 PM
Do you have an unlimited amount of time to clear the bonus, Wahoo?

I'm still sorta thinking about giving this a shot, but I only want to play 3-tables of .5/1 and I'm wondering if it'll be worth it.

AncientPC
10-15-2004, 03:04 PM
I was wondering the same thing, do UB bonuses expire?

madmisha
10-15-2004, 04:02 PM
No expiration, and they are payed off piecemeal, so there is no harm in building up bonus to play another time.

justin D
10-15-2004, 04:03 PM
I'm not sure if they expire or not, but I can tell you I still have alot of unused bonus dollars left in my account that have to be at least 6 months old.

If I had a guess, I would say they dont expire.

MicroBob
10-15-2004, 04:39 PM
They don't expire....and they are released to you incrementally after each session. So if you play just a few hands then you will get $0.20 worth of the bonus released into your account or something.

But they do go fairly slow.

But there's no worries about depositing and cashing-out right-away for the bonus and playing it off whenever you get around to it. I have $2750 in bonus-money in my account still waiting to be released. That will become $2850 in bonus-money this weekend with yet another deposit/withdrawl.

Some will say that playing with the idiots at Party with no-bonus is actually better than playing against the UB tighties with a slow bonus.
But this is debatle.

I believe losing-all pointed out something like $20/hr in bonus over 3 tables on UB. I'm not sure if this is a bit high or not....but lets cut that all the way down to $9/hr on 3 tables which I think is less than the amount of bonus you will actually clear so what follows is actually based on a conservative estimate on how fast it takes to clear the bonus at UB.

So That's $3/hr for each table....
or 1.5BB/hr on 1/2......
or roughly 2.5BB/100 on 1/2

If you make exactly 2.5BB/100 on 1/2 at Party (decent winning player) then all you need to do is earn just 0.5BB/100 on the 1/2 UB tables to actually be doing better.

A lot of times it doesn't feel like you are doing very well on the UB tables because the players can be a bit tightish and you might only be up a couple of dollars up at the end of your session....then when you close out the table there's a piddly-little amount added for the bonus that you cleared.

But it really can be better than the party tables at certain levels imo even if you are only clearing $3/hr in bonus on each table.
Also consider that the rake on party is a bit worse than the rake on UB.

These are the arguments anyway....but since I have over $2700 in pending bonus at UB you can safely assume I still haven't been clearing too much over there in spite of this.

I have been hopping from one bonus to another on other sites of late....PLUS, if you have a rake-back on a party skin then that changes the math around quite a bit imo.

gavrilo
10-15-2004, 04:46 PM
My friend is thinking about trying UB. He's never deposited there so he's eligible for the first time deposit bonus. Plus, if he puts in my name for referral he gets another $50 I think.

Now, my question is will he also get the reload bonus along with the other two if he deposits(first-time) during these dates?

MicroBob
10-15-2004, 05:18 PM
I think if he deposits twice he will get the init-depo and the reload.

they usually offer some sort of button that you have to select to get the bonus.
So on his first deposit make sure he selects the init-deposit bonus option thus leaving himself the reload for later.

It's possible he might not be eligble for the reload....but I really doubt it. I would guess that it's 90% likely he can deposit twice for both bonuses.

SomethingClever
10-15-2004, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the info, MB.

Trouble is, I don't want to deposit enough to play 1/2, because I like being way over-bankrolled for 2/4 on Empire.

I might just drop $200 into UB and give it a shot.

Again, thanks for the info!

gavrilo
10-15-2004, 06:32 PM
ty

MicroBob
10-15-2004, 06:37 PM
you're welcome.
as always, individual results may vary.

Losing all
10-15-2004, 08:43 PM
approx $20 an hour by starting 3, 1-2 tables. By "time it right" I mean if you don't enjoy playing SH you can time 3 quick table fill ups with a little planning.

MicroBob
10-15-2004, 08:48 PM
right. if you are 1st or 2nd to sit at a table then they award double points for your time played.

now i know what you mean by 'timing it right'. this is a good point and if you can do this and make $5/hr at a UB 1/2 table then there's very little chance you can make more at a bonus-less party table no matter how bad the opposition is. $5/hr = 2.5BB/hr = about 4BB/100.
If you are making better than 4BB/100 on the party 1/2 tables then there's no excuse for only breaking-even on the UB tables. You should be able to make at least 1BB/100 on the UB tables thus making UB more profitable when you are bonus-clearing.

Losing all
10-15-2004, 08:54 PM
I haven't played a lot of Party 1-2, but I can't imagine a winning player there making less on UB, even with the standard clear rate. Simple fact is there are a lot of retards playing 1-2 kill on UB (11pm -4am is prime time)

LinusKS
10-15-2004, 10:36 PM
You have to earn 10 Ultimate Points to make back one bonus dollar. You earn UP's at a rate of less than 1/$1 in rake:

$1.00 - $3.00 1.00
$0.50 - $0.95 0.50
$0.25 - $0.45 0.25
$0.05 - $0.20 0.10

At a 10-handed, low-stakes table, you're earning a little less than your contribution to the rake.

At a higher stakes game (where the rake is commonly more than a dollar), or at a short-handed table, you're making back less than that.

Somewhere around 5/10 or above, you're probably better off getting an affiliate rakeback at Party.

MrDannimal
10-16-2004, 12:54 AM
Actually, at the 1/2 tables, the max rake is $1 (on a $20 pot). So if you're playing 1/2, at max rake, you're getting exactly your share of the rake back ($1 rake = .1 UP = $.10).

If it's raked $.50 or $.75 ($10-$19 pot), you get $.05 and pay $.05 or $.075 in rake, so you get your share back about 1/2 the time.

Of course, this assumes you look at paying rake on every hand, even though you could argue that if you fold pre-flop with no money invested (not posting or in a blind), you're not paying rake AND you're getting UPs so you're coming out ahead with the bonus payout.

Regardless, if you're a breakeven player at $1/2 in one of the looser games (it's not all that hard to find one at the busier times that has an avg. pot of $20) then you are effectively playing rake free (or better, depending on your POV).

If you 3-table, at 60 hands/table/hour, you can get .75*60*3= 135 UP/hr, or $13.50 per hour, which is 6.5 BB/hr.

It's not easy to find 3 tables like that, but it is possible. Also, you get double points if you're 1st or 2nd to sit at the table, which makes things go from tolerable to decent.

Rudbaeck
10-16-2004, 04:09 PM
I got this bonus twice, thinking of trying for a third time. Yesterday I had the worst streak ever at pot limit omaha/8 and had to redeposit. And I got another 100 bonus dollars. This is off course only a trick to lure me into playing on UB until hell freezes over...