PDA

View Full Version : Opportunity for new site

KaBoom
10-15-2004, 02:20 AM
I think there are approximately 230 poker sites and new ones opening every week. They all offer holdem, omaha and stud, ring and tournees, similar bonuses....nothing unusual. They also are all keen to participate in the gaming industries rake cartel. Max 3.00 dollars rake per hand with similar triggering points.

Then come the extreme new market entrants. No rake, just a monthly 30 buck fee. For a small stake losing player the 30 dollars seems alot eventhough he pays alot more on a normal rake structure site little by little. Since the other sites don't have a monthly fee, they subconsiously feel like they are getting ripped off and don't sign up.

I don't no if there are enough players to support all 230 sites and no-rake sites don't seem to make if either.

So here is my free tip for site number 231: Devide Party pokers rake by 2 and this is your rake structure. Max 1.50 dollar/per hand. Or possibly even by 3, max 1.00. I'm sure this would attract alot of new players and profits would be more than enough with a large customer base and 40000 simultaneous players.

BusterStacks
10-15-2004, 02:30 AM
Lower rake does not attract the players we are after. Party Poker does.

radek2166
10-15-2004, 10:57 AM
I got a few suggestion.

1) Make the rake lower. Their is basicly not much overhead with poker sites and the sites are makeing a ton of money.

2)Better promotions. Give a t-shitr away for a royal house. Aces cracked wins 30 bucks or something like that.

3) Take 1 cent from every dollar raked put it into a Bad beat Jack pot. Make it quads beat by quads.

4) other sites have done a good job with lower priced SNG'S better than the party 5+1.

5)Advertise better.

6) make the bonus clearable. Hint Hint Full Tilt.

I am sure pleyers no matter how uneducated they are would try and even stick to sites that tried some of these.

AA2Win
10-15-2004, 12:33 PM
Kaboom Great work,
This is the best article i have ever read on here ever!!!
Yes u are right - the rake structure is Outrageous and completley scandalaus.
I like ur article and your awareness of the online poker situation in the world today.

Also , I happen to be actively fighting for all poker players this extraordinary almost hidden truuth of how high the rake REally is for everyone.
If u would like to reply back, please email me at cribmicha3@aol.com

Zerorake.com - Organized Game - Tues - Thurs and Sundays at 7pm / Eastern time. Thanks Guys

lorinda
10-15-2004, 12:40 PM
Also , I happen to be actively fighting for all poker players this extraordinary almost hidden truuth of how high the rake REally is for everyone.
If u would like to reply back, please email me at cribmicha3@aol.com

Actually, you are a spamming piece of dirt who has no interest in poker players at all.

You haven't even read replies to your own posts, let alone the reasons why people won't go near your garbage filled spam hole.

Lori

BradleyT
10-15-2004, 01:38 PM
The Plaza has a lower rake than the Bellagio and free high hand jackpots. Doesn't mean they attract more players.

fluff
10-15-2004, 01:50 PM
Actually your suggestion is not a good one. There are tons of sites (virtually all others), that offer lower rake than Party.
None of them come close to even half the customers Party has.

Furthermore, as the Party Poker Bad Beat Jackpot shows, there are tons of people who don't mind paying even more rake, for some flashy ultra long shot promotion.

Most poker players (the fish) don't even know how rake affects them. I doubt that any of them even know what the rake rate is for Party, nevermind other sites. What attracts them about is fancy promotions, tournaments, advertising and bonuses. And what attracts me is fish (and maybe bonuses).