PDA

View Full Version : Ghosts: Are they real?

Men the Master
10-14-2004, 11:20 PM
I've never seen a ghost (and hope I never see one) but I have known too many reliable people who swear that they have seen ghosts. My guess is that their minds were just playing tricks on them. Maybe they were mentally fatigued, or maybe on medication. Has anyone here had any experience with ghosts? Ghost stories are common worldwide. Is it possible that they really are real?

Ryner
10-14-2004, 11:28 PM
No.

Zeno
10-14-2004, 11:36 PM
What is interesting is that almost all reported ghosts are clothed. Why does a disembodied 'spirit' require clothing?

-Zeno

PhatTBoll
10-14-2004, 11:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What is interesting is that almost all reported ghosts are clothed. Why does a disembodied 'spirit' require clothing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because you're dead doesn't mean you want to flash your junk around.

Clarkmeister
10-15-2004, 12:07 AM
Bong, the Filipino pizza delivery boy thinks they are.
Uncle Thuong respects his anscestors and also believes in them.
Antonio, the dishwasher is frightened of the possibility.
Cousin Scotty has no time for such nonsense.
Aunt Xing Zing was guided by spirits as a young girl.
Cousin Meng his girlfriend Spring both laugh at such foolishness.

Men the Master
10-15-2004, 01:06 AM
Clarkmeister:

How'd you find my old posts? Those "Hand to Ponder" posts that I used to make have to be more than a year old. I wanted to use storylines from my old material but I couldn't find them. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

UncleRemus
10-15-2004, 01:12 AM
I never believed in ghosts until about 5 years ago...
I was out with a friend, and she had to stop home to pick up some stuff. We pulled up to her house with nobody home and went inside. I waited in the kitchen as she ran upstairs, and then I heard her talking to someone. I couldn't make much out, so I just assumed her brother was home and didn't have his car. She finally came downstairs, white as a ghost herself. I asked her what was wrong, to which she replied: "I just saw my grandfather... he told me everything is going to be alright"

She had been severely distraught for the 2 weeks prior. . . because her Grandfather had just died.

Clarkmeister
10-15-2004, 01:13 AM
Men,

I am thrilled to help such an entertaining poster.

Go to "older archives" on the green bar on the left.
Then click on the "recent archives" link
Search for posts by "men the master" and use "all forums" and "newer than 5 years". This pulls up all your old threads, where I obviously got the names for this post from.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Men the Master
10-15-2004, 01:20 AM
Thank you, mucho. I found them and I bookmarked them. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dantes
10-16-2004, 03:44 AM
Here's a very interesting video that I for one made me reconsider my position on this.

click here (http://www.princeton.edu/~ccaro/mist_or_ghost.html)

wacki
10-16-2004, 04:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Here's a very interesting video that I for one made me reconsider my position on this.

click here (http://www.princeton.edu/~ccaro/mist_or_ghost.html)

[/ QUOTE ]

Supposedly this is a car commercial that never aired. I'm thinking that it is more probably a very good student project using Computer Graphics.

About 2 seconds into the "commercial" notice something moving along the side of the car, like a ghostly white mist that looks humanish.

The subtly makes is so believable. Movie animators could learn a bit from this.

If computer graphics couldn't do this kind of thing I might be a bit spooked.

I agree 100%. That really messed with my mind.

wacki
10-16-2004, 08:35 AM
You want to know where ghosts come from? Watch the movie "A beautifull mind".

W00lygimp
10-16-2004, 09:45 PM
its definately a possibility

Non_Comformist
10-16-2004, 09:54 PM
I just pissed myself

balkii
10-17-2004, 01:23 AM
f-in jerks...

Pirc Defense
10-17-2004, 01:37 AM
nm

Cyrus
10-18-2004, 11:27 AM
There was this middle age guy with a moustache walking along in a Boston street and there's this Boston guy walked up to him ans asked him if he was indeed the BoSox player who let the ball run between his legs in the 1986 World Series against the Mets, lost the game and the series for 'em, he sure looked like 'im. The moustache guy answered sheepishly yes and got instantly suckerpunched in the face.

The Boston man stood above him and said he was sure the player would only return to Boston as a ghost, so he got scared and hit 'im, sorry.

I was standing only ten feet away minding my own business.