PDA

View Full Version : Check raising with draws; amount?

durron597
10-14-2004, 11:04 PM
Typical SnG scenario. Let's say you are BB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif and the button miniraises you. Say it's level 3 or 4 (depending on the site), such that the blinds are still small but not tiny. You call getting awesome odds and you don't think this player will lay down to a reasonable reraise. HU to the flop.

K/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. To give numbers to the situation, lets say the blinds are 50/100 and you have 1600 to start the hand, and he has 2300. Starting stacks 1500. Let's say this person is aggro so you know he will probably bet the flop if you check to him, so you decide to check raise today. Other options are valid but for the purposes of this discussion let's keep it to you decide to check-raise. So the pot is 450, and let's say he bets out 150. How much do you raise to? Does your answer change if the numbers are slightly different? How so?

betgo
10-15-2004, 12:13 AM
Allin. Draws lose value on the turn. I particularly like to push with a flush draw and overcards, since I may be the favorite. I would either push or flat call. If the money is really deep, I wouldn't push if it was a big overbet unless I had a very strong draw, with a pair, two draw, or overcards.

lorinda
10-15-2004, 10:08 AM
You are probably getting better odds in these scenarios to call and try to hit than to raise.

If you must raise, then push the lot in while you are still not too much of a dog.

With stacks this deep, I'm not overly bothered about risking my stack to win this smallish pot.

Lori