PDA

View Full Version : Two more sanity checks

adanthar
10-14-2004, 07:22 PM
1)Party 50+5. With the blinds at 25/50, I have an average stack of ~900 and pick up AQs in MP2.

I raise to 150. It gets folded to the unknown, average stacked SB, who reraises to 250. I instantly hate my hand but grit my teeth and call getting suckout artist odds.

The flop comes Q32 rainbow. He goes all in. Call or fold?

If the flop was A32, call or fold?

2)In another tournament, I've doubled up early and have 2000 chips with 50/100 blinds. It's folded to the decent SB with 1500 chips, who makes a raise to 375. I have AQo.

Call, reraise, or all in? Does your answer change if you have AJ/AT/88?

Bigwig
10-14-2004, 07:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1)Party 50+5. With the blinds at 25/50, I have an average stack of ~900 and pick up AQs in MP2.

I raise to 150. It gets folded to the unknown, average stacked SB, who reraises to 250. I instantly hate my hand but grit my teeth and call getting suckout artist odds.

The flop comes Q32 rainbow. He goes all in. Call or fold?

If the flop was A32, call or fold?

2)In another tournament, I've doubled up early and have 2000 chips with 50/100 blinds. It's folded to the decent SB with 1500 chips, who makes a raise to 375. I have AQo.

Call, reraise, or all in? Does your answer change if you have AJ/AT/88?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) I call the all-in in both scenarios.
2) I would reraise all-in with AQ. Probably would with AJ, too, depending on the read. Probably call with AT and 88.

poboy
10-14-2004, 07:40 PM
Question #1> Fold and fold. It's not even close

Question #2> I need more information, specifically how many players are left and will SB laydown a marginal hand to an all-in. In general I think I would push here, but it is close. If I have AJ,AT, or any pair smaller than TT's I would call.

adanthar
10-14-2004, 08:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Question #2> I need more information, specifically how many players are left and will SB laydown a marginal hand to an all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

There were either 6 or 7 left. I was the table big stack; SB and a horrible calling station were tied for 2'nd and there were 3 or 4 people hovering around 600-700 chips.

The SB had been up and down (from 500 to the 1500 he was at during the hand), but had laid down hands before.

housenuts
10-14-2004, 08:35 PM
first hand the only hands that really beat you are
AA, KK, AK, QQ (very unlikely)

I think you gotta call.
you gotta call even more if the flop was A32 because then you even have KK, and QQ (which is a little more likely this time) beat.

2nd hand is tough. I'm not sure what I would do. I would probably raise all-in without even thinking about it in the situation though.

kleraudio
10-14-2004, 08:41 PM
1) the SB reraise of 100 is begging a call. this is a bad thing, he knows you will call a small baby raise like that, this should make red flags shoot up. i fold w/ queen on board, i believe he has AA or KK. w/ A on board i fold as well. i just cant see myself having the best of it at this point. plus im a rock /images/graemlins/grin.gif

2) let it go, youve lost 100 chips you retain chip lead. let the smaller stacks fight it out and wait till your first one in pot or you can catch someone when you hold a premium hand. (AQ not a premium hand IMO, like i said im a rock)

Just my .02

Jim /images/graemlins/spade.gif

adanthar
10-15-2004, 01:42 PM
1)I called and immediately regretted it because I knew why I did. The last time I was in this situation, I also had AQ, the flop came Q85, I agonized forever, finally called and was shown the mighty A5s.

Against sane players, though, that isn't an option, which was proven when I saw his kings. Oh well, next tourney.

2)I autoraised all in, but in retrospect I think a call would've been better. The size of the raise should've alerted me something was up.

The good news is his kings were beaten by my 2 pair and I took first, proving that I can suck out, too.