PDA

View Full Version : Computer chair suggestions

bonanz
10-14-2004, 06:41 PM
I want to invest in a really nice, ergonomically correct computer chair. I think i've seen some strange chairs before built for gamers, and i've done some searching around and can't really find what i'm looking for. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a chair or where to look for something of this nature.

thanks

Alobar
10-14-2004, 06:43 PM
cushy, leather, and a built in heater and massager....if it only came with a girl to make me a sandwich and give me oral on command, I would never leave my apartment

TylerD
10-14-2004, 06:50 PM
NO. Don't make the same mistake I did and get a leather chair. It makes your arse sweat like crazy. Not good for the online poker player.

bonanz
10-14-2004, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It makes your arse sweat like crazy. Not good for the online poker player.

[/ QUOTE ]

is a sweaty ass really good for anyone?

FlashFunk
10-14-2004, 07:16 PM
You may be looking for the Aeron chair. Most people say its worth the money.

Alobar
10-14-2004, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
NO. Don't make the same mistake I did and get a leather chair. It makes your arse sweat like crazy. Not good for the online poker player.

[/ QUOTE ]

wear underwear man! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

illunious
10-14-2004, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I use, I love it.

Gramps
10-14-2004, 08:22 PM
I was starting to have back problems slouching in my old chair, but since I got the Aeron 5 months ago, there hasn't even been a hint of a back problem. 40 hours per week in that puppy and it's great.

Costs close to $1,000, but it's worth the investment. You can get a "floor model discount" for around $150 off too. I have the basic model and it gets the job done just fine.

If this were 2001, you might be able to get one for <$100 from some dot com bankruptcy sale...still kind of kicking myself for not seeing the light back then. I have a friend who got one for $20 that way.

oljumpstart
10-14-2004, 09:04 PM
www.sit4less.com- (http://www.sit4less.com-) starting at $629

Alobar
10-14-2004, 09:25 PM
www.sit4less.com (http://www.sit4less.com)

just fixing the URL

oljumpstart
10-14-2004, 09:26 PM
- sorry

Blarg
10-14-2004, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Leather is miserable, especially during the summer or if you live in a humid and hot climate. You're constantly building up a layer of sweat on everything that touches the chair/couch/whatever. Drip drip drip. It's smelly and nasty and uncomfortable.

The last time I had a leather chair, I always had a huge towel draped sloppily onto it. It was still drippy and gross on the arms, but at least I wasn't building up a pool of ass water.

bdk3clash
10-14-2004, 10:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is what I use, I love it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed--we have them at my office and they are incredibly comfortable and infinitely adjustable.

Nightwish
10-14-2004, 11:11 PM
Two other popular chairs to consider besides the Aeron are the Leap chair and the Freedom chair.

But don't even think of buying any of these without trying them out first. They all feel very differently from each other and from "normal" chairs. Go to some store that sells as many of these as possible (Design Within Reach is one such store) and try them out. Then go buy one on eBay. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

fearme
10-15-2004, 01:06 AM
ergostoreonline.com has it, it looks better than the aero although i have not tried either so would not know, any opinions???

bonanz
10-15-2004, 01:46 AM
i was thinking more like this kinda thing, but maybe not as extreme....

http://www.mypce.com/prod_360.htm

Sponger15SB
10-15-2004, 01:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

The last time I had a leather chair, I always had a huge towel draped sloppily onto it. It was still drippy and gross on the arms, but at least I wasn't building up a pool of ass water.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same.

Leather chairs are for business executives and for people with no sweat glands.

tripdad
10-15-2004, 02:16 AM
the company is called Bradington Young. do an internet search for this company. find a dealer locator on their web site(you will find that it is a home furnishings store, not office retailer). any one will do, they are simply mmaaahhhvelous! oh, and one will set you back about $1400, but you will never regret it. if you wish, i'll find the model number that i have and post it.

cheers!

tripdad
10-15-2004, 02:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you need to pay a bit more for better leather. get semi-aniline or full aniline, not pigmented/corrected. the latter breathes very little, while the former 2 breathe freely.

cheers!

TylerD
10-15-2004, 05:19 AM
What's the point of playing online if you can't play without underwear on? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

OrangeHeat
10-15-2004, 09:21 AM
that is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

But pricey. Me likey.

Adam