PDA

View Full Version : Astros Fans Pray for Rain

cjromero
10-14-2004, 02:09 PM
As of 1 PM Central, light rain is falling in St. Louis and the temperature is 50 degrees. Showers are in the forecast for the rest of the day and into the evening.

If tonight's game gets rained out, it will be a huge break for the Astros and could theoretically turn the series, because it will allow Clemens to go on regular rest on Friday in Game 2, and then Oswalt on regular rest in Game 3. That would enable them to pitch on regular rest in Games 6 and 7 as well.

Keep raining cats and dogs! Go 'Stros!

ThaSaltCracka
10-14-2004, 02:22 PM
How little confidence do you have in your team if you are praying for a rain out, in the playoffs?!?!?

I would expect something like this from a Red Sox fan, but a Houston fan /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Senor Choppy
10-14-2004, 02:28 PM
Even the Red Sox have a better playoff record than the Astros.

ThaSaltCracka
10-14-2004, 02:33 PM
but the sox have that curse /images/graemlins/wink.gif

cjromero
10-14-2004, 05:28 PM
I am a huge fan, but I am also somewhat realistic of Pete Munro's chances of shutting down the Cards long enough for the Astros to even the series. Because a rainout gives the Astros the best chance to win the series by getting their pitching in order, every Astros fan should be in favor of a rainout.

If there is a rainout and the Astros go on to win the series, I could live with the criticism of, "If there only hadn't been a rainout........"

M2d
10-14-2004, 06:53 PM
Isn't this a tradition for pitching-depth-poor teams that goes back to the braves in the 50's?