PDA

View Full Version : what would you do

04-21-2002, 03:12 AM
Alright the game is NO-Limit obviously, now, i have A2 hearts me and 2 others in the hand, Flop comes up Qh 3H 6C, blinds are $4-8, i'm in the small blind, so i'm first to act, No Raises before the flop, i have, $250 in front of me, and there is $24 in the pot, i make a $15 bet, and BB position folds, Dealer raises me $50 and has $24 left in front of him, I pondered and decided, looking at his chips and looking at the other guy who only had $50 in front of him, so i decided to put him all in, we flipped over our cards and he had a set of 3's, so we played it out and I made my flush, Would anyone have played this differently, I thought since i had a huge chip position, i would probably be back to even if I lost this hand, and didn't make my draw. What would you do? Also what would you do, if you were the guy with the set of 3's and had $100 in front of you at the start of this hand.

04-21-2002, 07:10 PM
> there is $24 in the pot, i make a $15 bet,

Given the stack sizes, your underbet of $15 only makes sense if you intended to fold when you get reraised by the button (you would have to be dead sure he would never reraise here with less than AQ to make this play). Otherwise, you should have made at least a pot-sized bet, or even a bit more (like $35) to commit yourself to the hand and make it absolutely clear for your opponents that they will play for their whole stack if they decide to call, which gives your semi-bluff additional leverage.

> Also what would you do, if you were the guy with the set of 3's and had $100 in front of you at the start of this hand.

I would have pushed in after your bet, as I think that this would more often induce a call b/c someone might put me on a semi-bluff, while keeping 1/3 of my stack behind more looks like I want to be called. This, of course, depends on your opponents, and shouldn't make much of a difference, anyway.

cu

Ignatius