PDA

View Full Version : 18 seater turbos on Stars (my observations)

mackthefork
10-14-2004, 09:49 AM
These are interesting to me in that you get to play shorthanded and short stacked twice in one game, so far i only have 40 games in so no kind of sample, however from what i have they seem to yield 75% of the ROI of normal Stars 18 seaters and take only 60% of the average time to play if this is true in the long term it would result in a 25% lift in hourly rate.

Also there are many similarities between these and the Party sngs in terms of required playing style, though you do still get 1500 chips at the start and there is no doubt this makes play much easier (maybe some of that is psychological). Some people would expect poor players to have reduced the advantage by a lot, however only certain types of poor play in these are accidently correct. The loose passive types are going to commit the cardinal sin of these games and waste chips. Also it is important to avoid overbetting your strong hands you NEED to get paid in these things, its just as dangerous to imagine you can bet 5 or 6 BB preflop and get multiple calls with AA or KK and end up just taking the blinds, there are loose players but starting from a stance of everyone being a decent player until they prove otherwise is the wisest course of action, never underestimate thine enemy.

Later on I like to use a push or fold strategy as you often have 6-8bb stacks with 4 left, aggression is key but the strength of your opponents calling standards should be considered when doing this, indiscriminate pushing is probably a recipe for disaster, but with well timed aggression you will either take it down or crash and burn in the process, which is certainly better than the alternatives.

Oh well I hesitate to post this as the {expletive deleted} game will probably be full of 2+2 people next week, oh well needs must when the devil vomits in your kettle.

Have fun.

Best Regards Mack