10-14-2004, 08:05 AM
I got the right answer! LOL.

http://cardplayer.com/pokerquiz.php?PHPSESSID=7a189f46317687bd4f335b43fe b680a9

Duke
10-14-2004, 08:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I got the right answer!

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn. I thought i should have folded out of turn the second the flop hit.

~D

La Brujita
10-14-2004, 11:15 AM
FWIW within the context of the book, I think the hand is included because he advocates folding in many situations with overcards in the "overcards" section of the book.

I agree that this hand alone is pretty simple to play.

Ed Miller
10-14-2004, 03:26 PM
FWIW within the context of the book, I think the hand is included because he advocates folding in many situations with overcards in the "overcards" section of the book.

The hand is also included because a similar example is given in McEvoy's book, and McEvoy advocates a different action.

Earthy Tones
10-14-2004, 03:38 PM
haha.. oh cardplayer magazine..

La Brujita
10-14-2004, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The hand is also included because a similar example is given in McEvoy's book, and McEvoy advocates a different action.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very interesting. Do you remember the hand by chance? I hated McEvoy's nl books so didn't bother with limit.

If I can say slightly off topic Ed, you should be really proud of your book. It is fantastic. I have given it twice as a gift so think of me whenever you spend those three quarters (or however much you get as a royalty payment).

MicroBob
10-14-2004, 05:52 PM
I got it right too!!!!

I am so freaking smart I can't stand myself.

Ed Miller
10-14-2004, 06:10 PM
This is very interesting. Do you remember the hand by chance? I hated McEvoy's nl books so didn't bother with limit.

Mason mentions the hand specifically in his review (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=201936&page=&view=&sb=5&o =&fpart=all&vc=1). (The suit icons are broken, but but the ace-king is suited, and the jack-ten is suited to them, so you have a royal flush draw.)

Unfortunately, I don't own the book, so I can't be any more informative than that. The thread also contains newbie posts from me, blech.

If I can say slightly off topic Ed, you should be really proud of your book. It is fantastic. I have given it twice as a gift so think of me whenever you spend those three quarters (or however much you get as a royalty payment).

Thank you. I appreciate it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hallett
10-14-2004, 09:51 PM
I have two dogs. Yoshi, a border-collie lab cross, who is VERY smart (aren't i the proud daddy), and Yuki, a doberman-rotweiller cross (female, smallish, and not as scary as it sounds) who while quite the looker, is smart like a rock. Really. She is way dumb.

I gave this quiz to both dogs. Yoshi looked at me like I was a complete idiot, snorted in a dismissive way, and went over to where we keep the MilkBones, and waited for me. Yuki squinted her little eyes, and barked once, which we have previously decided meant BET.

Cardplayer sucks.