PDA

View Full Version : most lopsided preflop hands possible

housenuts
10-14-2004, 04:32 AM
assuming two hands go all in pre-flop what is the most lopsided it can possibly be?

I just saw AA get cracked by A7. my odds calculator has that at 93.7% to 6.3%

I just tried K /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif vs. K /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif
I don't fully trust my odds calculator as it changes every time I calculate but it's around 95% to 5%.

Is there anything worse?

kyro
10-14-2004, 09:40 AM
nah, I posted this very question several months ago. I'd do a search for it but I'm too lazy. KK v K2o (with the 2 being the suit of one of your kings) is the most lopsided matchup. You can make less straights with the single K and 2 which is basically what it comes down to.

elwoodblues
10-14-2004, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't fully trust my odds calculator as it changes every time I calculate

[/ QUOTE ]

Time to get a new calculator.

mistrpug
10-14-2004, 12:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
nah, I posted this very question several months ago. I'd do a search for it but I'm too lazy. KK v K2o (with the 2 being the suit of one of your kings) is the most lopsided matchup. You can make less straights with the single K and 2 which is basically what it comes down to.

[/ QUOTE ]

A also posted the exact same question a while ago and am also to lazy to search for it. Same answer.

housenuts
10-14-2004, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
KK v K2o (with the 2 being the suit of one of your kings) is the most lopsided matchup. You can make less straights with the single K and 2 which is basically what it comes down to.

[/ QUOTE ]

i figured it was this due to the straights

bigpooch
10-15-2004, 02:33 AM
KK vs K2o is the most lopsided matchup and I believe the
next one is KK vs K3o. (Anyone care to check that? /images/graemlins/smile.gif )

david050173
10-15-2004, 07:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
next one is KK vs K3o. (Anyone care to check that? /images/graemlins/smile.gif )

[/ QUOTE ]

How about QQ versus Q2o? You will have more split pots than KK versus K2o but otherwise they are the same hands.

SossMan
10-15-2004, 07:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How about QQ versus Q2o? You will have more split pots than KK versus K2o but otherwise they are the same hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
the queen can make one more staight than a K for a chopped pot.

david050173
10-16-2004, 02:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
the queen can make one more staight than a K for a chopped pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 3 can make one more staight than the 2 so that evens out. You are right though in that there are more split pots since if the board is AAKK or AAKKK you would also have 2 additional split pots which you would haven't in the king case. I am not sure if knowing this helps my game:)

david050173
10-16-2004, 03:14 AM
I forgot to mention if I was in the hand I would rather face QQ versus Q2 than KK versus K3 since there are less losing hands (the 7 hight straights). The QQ vs 22 has more split pots (the added q straights and the aditional over card combos of AAKK, KKKK, AAKKK, and whatever else I missed) than KK versus K3o.