PDA

View Full Version : Worst run ever.

Yobz
10-13-2004, 11:54 PM
My VPIP is as low as it ever was and my starting hands have been excellent in the last couple of hours, but I am completely losing every hand. According to pokertracker, I have played roughly 1000 hands since i started earlier today (multi tabling). I have had aces 4 times, and lost all 4, once to a 94o 4-flush on board (runner runner at that, he didnt even have a pair). I have had Ks 6 times and lost 5 of those. My win % for AKs is 25% and AKo is 20%. I have had Qs 3 times and lost them all.

This is me venting, sorry if this is the wrong place, but it is REALLY annoying. I had QJ in the BB, 8 9 10 rainbow flops and it gets capped. 7 completing the rainbow turns, caps between me and 1 other guy. river is a J and he has QK to beat me. most frustrating thing in the world, he had 3 outs and caps me flop and turn.

Am I on tilt? I dont think so...my vpip is 18% and I had some amazing cards this session.
Am I angry? Hell yeah!
How much am I down? 150BB in 1000 hands, or roughly -15BB/100. I'm gonna go take a break and go to sleep, eat some chocolate... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

thirddan
10-14-2004, 12:02 AM
sounds like tilt to me...

oh yeah, your sample size of 1000 hands means very little...

Yobz
10-14-2004, 12:06 AM
I'm mad, and might be on tilt now that I've stopped playing, but I still played smart earlier. I know 1k hands is not a good sample size, I'm not saying the game is rigged or anything, just venting my anger over this last sessions

PITTM
10-14-2004, 12:12 AM
granny would be calling me a liar and demanding to see my hand histories...but on a lighter note. i feel you on the bad runs, i had a real bad one last week, but it came right out into the great run im on right now. keep your head up.

rj

Blarg
10-14-2004, 12:36 AM
Terrible one for me tonight too. Almost none of my hands held up for four hours, and I had a lot of nice hands. The table's VPIP was as high 43% according to the figures in my Game Time window, and usually above 35%...but that meant suck-outs almost without exception. It was absurd to watch; one guy beating me with 53 one time and 74 the next, then the next two times with higher but still not good cards that he cold called raises with, and each time hitting his hand on the last card. Same guy, last card, four times in a row. Some kind of sick joke. And this after four previous hours of what felt like the same. Far side of ridiculous.

Play enough poker, you see everything, but there are some things you'd rather not.

bisonbison
10-14-2004, 12:48 AM
it happens.

Yobz
10-14-2004, 01:00 AM
How do you get it so that pokertracker watches your game and keeps VPIP and stuff real time? I open up one of those detached game time window, but it does nothing...

PITTM
10-14-2004, 01:03 AM
haha, i went into a 25nl room for while i was doing my hw. all the stacks were 75+. i got AA twice in 5 minutes, got all in both times on a maniac table and lost 2 buy ins A8o and 44. it happens, whatever. take solice in the fact that they will lose all of their money will you realize how much money you are making. try it. its pretty fun.

rj

Blarg
10-14-2004, 01:56 AM
Well you have to put the players' names in it of course. Then you set up Pokertracker to auto-import every whatever number of minutes you like, and everything gets updated at that interval -- VPIP, etc.

I open up one window for each of the four tables I play, and auto-import every 10 minutes.

Blarg
10-14-2004, 02:11 AM
Ugh, lol.

I was looking back through hand histories to see if I was tilting or being stupid. Looked okay, so that's a relief. Won 6 times in 3 1/2 hours on one table, and lost all five tables I tried. Red numbers everywhere. Blecch. 117 BB down the drain in 4 hours. I think it's Miller time.

Oh well, good luck to all of us. Had an incredible week last week, but this week I'm in the red. Just comes with the territory I guess. I think my buddy list is going to explode if I put any more names on it. Vengeance will be mine! Maybe tomorrow. As for now, about that beer...

Crix
10-14-2004, 03:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm mad, and might be on tilt now that I've stopped playing

[/ QUOTE ]

What a fantastic idea! From now on, I'm only gonna tilt when I'm not playing.

umdpoker
10-14-2004, 05:30 AM
oh man, 1000 hands is nothing. i have almost broken exactly even for 11k hands now! (up like 70bb). this is almost worse than losing, because it just seems like i am sitting here and doing nothing. i also had my worst night ever a few days ago, dropping 120bb over about 1100 hands. i have read that for any 10k hand stretch, there is a 5-10% chance of breaking even if you are a decent player. i have played over 100k hands so far, so i suppose i should have expected it. still sux. it will turn around. just don't let it put you on tilt.

DeeJ
10-14-2004, 05:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it's Miller time.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I thought you were referring to the red book. Or maybe I'm just flatlining the deliberate joke. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

DeeJ
10-14-2004, 05:45 AM
sucks happen. For the first time in ages I had a rush of top cards. KK beaten by A2s on a Axx flop. Two hands later KK beaten by a turned straight on a TJQK board (ugh). Boat missed of course. QQ beaten by K5s from mid position. AA held up (shock!) but only won a small pot from the button. AK won the blinds from the CO but lost to a pair of 7s on a dead board.

It happens. It really sucks when you've been short of good cards and when they come, they let you down.

What I want is for the bad cards to come and not let me down, and the good cards to come and not let me down. How likely is that /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Freudian
10-14-2004, 06:47 AM
I think it is a bad sign when you start to keep track of how many times in a row you lost with KK etc. Then you are focusing too much on the short term results and not on making sound decisions.

I am definately guilty of this also. Bad streaks seems to create a desire to quantify it. I remember a while ago I had seven straight KK hands where an Ace flopped. It doesn't seem all that healthy to focus so much attention to hands that are over, so I am definately trying to learn to clear my head better.

But if you are focusing on quantifying how bad your luck is, you need to log out and relax.

Lawrence Ng
10-14-2004, 07:47 AM
Hi Yobz,

I can completely sympathize with you here. You know when I first played on Paradise, I won over $2500 in about 2000 hands playing $10/$20. Then in my next 2000 hands I lost over $3000. I wrote an email to Paradise stating that something was wrong because I am an excellent player and I don't think it's even remotely possible for me to lose 150 big bets over 2000 hands.

So I came on TwoplusTwo and started asking players why such a great player like myself could lose. They went on about this crap about swings and how it's very possible to run bad online for a long period. I told these TwoplusTwo guys they were crazy. After all I'm a great great player and these swings don't apply to me. I should always win. I emphasize "always" here.

So the next day I went out and bought some incense. I believed that somehow I offended the poker gods. I made sacrifices that day with offerings of lamb and many fruits.

That night I won back 200 big bets in just 1000 hands!!! Yes, I finally found out the true reason as to why my poker went downhill. From that point on to now, I pray everyday to the poker gods. It's worked. I have never had a losing session since.

Now, where did I put my prozac... oh..what's this stuff called Ritalin here?

End story.

Honestly Yobz, we got top notch pros here who run bad for 300 - 400 big bets. Now unless you have a point to your story or a flaw you think you need to fix, you owe us each a buck for telling that bad beat story.

challenger84
10-14-2004, 10:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have never had a losing session since.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sarcasm? Or more thinly veiled bragging? I can't ever tell anymore.

sthief09
10-14-2004, 10:43 AM
if a session VP$IP is really low for you then you're probably too loose. not that this has anything to do with your post, but I figured you might as well get something out of it

sourbeaver
10-14-2004, 12:42 PM
I hear ya ..

The last two days have been absolutely awful to me also, getting AA KK QQ AK crushed over and over by some weird-ass draws.

Even got a flopped full house rivered by a higher full house when I gave absolutely no odds for the guy to draw (he had two outs for chrissake...)

But if you ever got one of those days where you seem to be hitting flops like crazy, then this is kind of a "luck payback". I take it that way because any other way would tilt me into poker oblivion.

Grisgra
10-14-2004, 04:11 PM
Just had a 100BB rush over maybe 600-700 hands max last night -- oh, the cards! Beauteous. But this thread has reminded me how tenuous it all is, and I could lose it all back in a heartbeat.

You bastards.

Seriously, though, this happens. It sucks, and the next time it happens to me I'll be posting about it just like you did . . . and have people telling me to suck it up and give them a buck for wasting their valuable time . . . but it happens. If you're a good player, you'll get your 100BB rush soon enough.