PDA

View Full Version : Playing crazy at the tables due to boredom....

snowbank
10-13-2004, 11:45 PM
Does anyone play extremely crazy at the tables sometimes due to boredom? I read an article sometime from Daniel Negreanu and he talked about having 1 day each month where he would raise with anything pre-flop just to have fun for a day each month. I find myself doing stuff like this much more than once a month due to what I think is boredom. It's a lot more fun when I'm raising everyone and bluffing and showing how bad I outplayed them, but most of the time not very great play. Anyone else find themselves doing this to keep entertained once in a while?

elitegimp
10-14-2004, 02:36 AM
I'd be much more tempted to do this if party had smaller than .5/1 tables so it wouldn't be much of my bankroll. I couldn't see doing it at a table at my normal stakes, though... I have enough trouble beating the rake playing well /images/graemlins/smile.gif

edrugtrader
10-14-2004, 03:15 AM
daniel didn't do that for fun... he did it to practice post flop play at the 4-8 tables.

personally i just turn on the TV and turn off one of my tables. if you get bored playing 1 table, try 2.

Crix
10-14-2004, 03:45 AM
I usually play $5-10 limit HE, but from time to time when I get bored following a long run of garbage I go to a $.50/1 NL table and get stupid. The point this raises though, is it fair to the people who usually play that that level to do this? Poker morals...hmmm?

iturner187
10-14-2004, 04:16 AM
Whenever I need to get boredom out of my system I usually open up a pot limit omaha game (the smallest I can find on pokerstars) and just keep betting the pot!

Its fun to watch how people react!

umdpoker
10-14-2004, 05:03 AM
"I usually play $5-10 limit HE, but from time to time when I get bored following a long run of garbage I go to a $.50/1 NL table and get stupid. The point this raises though, is it fair to the people who usually play that that level to do this? Poker morals...hmmm? "

fair? hell, i love maniacs at my table. next time come to 1/2 or 2/4 to have some fun!

RiverTheNuts
10-14-2004, 08:41 AM
Guide to being not bored:

1) Add table
2) Check boredom level
3) Repeat steps 1-2 until boredom level is contained

BugSplatt
10-14-2004, 09:54 AM
Sometimes on a Sunday night I'll have a few rum and cokes and then I go and terrorize the .01/.02 NL table and play like a complete maniac. I raise or re-raise every hand a minimum twenty cents. I won't chase flops, but it's fun building pots for these guys.

I have never lost during one of these maniac sessions, but, believe it or not, I always end up transferring funds back to some of the players I ran over with my muck after it's all said and done. The money is irrelavent - just there to play a bunch of hands in chaotic fashion. It's a lot of fun, actually.

I know what it's like to sit at those penny NL tables trying to make enough money for a buy-in to a bigger game. So, that's why I transfer their money back to them. And it's worth every dollar of it.

Bug

snowbank
10-14-2004, 11:21 AM
I currently play 5. Once I get 2 monitors I will probably play more.

challenger84
10-14-2004, 12:36 PM
You know, it's a funny thing; I did this once at the party .5/1 because I had taken some rough beats all night at 3/6 and MTT's. I was playing like complete idiot, raising and betting every chance I got. You'd think my oppononents would have loved the opportunity to steal my money, but instead I just got berated and called a faggot, and the table cleared out.

I guess .5/1 players don't understand how awesome it is to have a maniac at the table.

Yobz
10-14-2004, 02:11 PM
You guys need to come to microlimit tables more often, I love the maniacs there!

Joey "Stacks"
10-14-2004, 04:44 PM
I did it this past Tuesday night/Wednesday morning...ended up costing me $345.00. I dont recomend it unless you are prepared to lose.You may win some..but eventualy end up busted. I wasnt getting nothing to play...after 6 hours I was still even...so after 7 hours I turned into a wild, loose maniaic out of frustration. DON'T do it. Just get up and call it a night. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Joey "Stacks"
10-14-2004, 04:47 PM
I haven't many morals when it comes to poker...I want every one's money..one way or the other. I didnt sit down to make friends and lose MY money...I want it all. I am not rude..I am very quiet and fun...but i still am playing to get your money. /images/graemlins/wink.gif