PDA

View Full Version : Online $10/20: Successful semi-bluff in two ways.

LarsVegas
10-13-2004, 10:28 PM
Online $10/20, 6-handed. Just sat down, no reads on any of the players, except UTG+1, who I had played with in the latter stages of a big no-limit tournaments a few days and seemed OK.

UTG+1 open with a raise, button calls, SB calls and I find Td9c in big blind and choose to call. I was about to fold before the small blind came along.

Flop: Qd-8d-3s. Small blind checks, I bet, UTG+1 folds, button calls, small blind calls.

Turn: 7d. I bet, button folds, small blind calls.

River: 6s. Small blind checks, I bet, he folds.

Thoughts? Preflop call really too thin in a six-handed game? Flop move too thin? Give up on turn or the perfect card to carry out the bluff on?

lars

Midseason
10-14-2004, 12:52 AM
I check fold this flop 100% of the time

mctommy015
10-14-2004, 03:22 AM
Well if you're gonna bet this flop, and have noone raise you, i guess you have to bet the turn since your hand improved quite a bit.

rigoletto
10-14-2004, 03:45 AM
I would muck preflop against unknown or decent opponents. Out of position you can easily end up paying dearly when you hit something. Against LAG's I would often call getting 7:1.

Once you bet out, you have to follow up when they just call. Especially since 9's and T's seems to be outs.

J_V
10-14-2004, 03:57 AM
Yuck.

J_V
10-14-2004, 03:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was about to fold before the small blind came along.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too Tight. Think 7d 3d..............

lil feller
10-14-2004, 05:02 AM
This seems pretty simple. I don't know about the flop, really depends on UTG +1's raising standards. After you choose to bet the turn card however, a turn bet is a must (as you are going to call anyway...and its a good scare card). Too bad you couldn't induce a bluff out of the small blind...sometimes being in position isn't a good thing...