PDA

View Full Version : HU Hand

RacersEdge
10-13-2004, 10:00 PM
I think I played this hand exactly wrong. This raise commits me to the pot - a 3BB raise lets me out of the hand easy. If not a 3BB, all-in is probably another (better?) option. Opinions?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (2 handed)

Hero (t2905)
Button (t5095)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Button calls t150, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t1500</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises to t3000</font>, Hero calls t1405 (All-In).

Flop: (t5905) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t5905) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t5905) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t5905

willperkins
10-13-2004, 10:04 PM
I'm no expert and would bow to others but you played exactly the same way I would have played. Given the amoount of chips you have and the size of the blinds, I too would have raised t1500 and called his all in bet.
I look forward to advice from players better than I am.

lastchance
10-13-2004, 10:25 PM
Don't make pot-committing raises without going all-in. Very simple, very basic strategy.

3x BB works, but either way, if I decided to raise, I'd raise as much as I could knowing that I could fold to an all-in. I would also do this with KK, AA, QQ, JJ, TT, AK, AQ, and I would call the all-in then.

That, or you can just go all-in, but I don't think that's the correct play just yet.

Either way, I would never raise half my stack. There is no possible reason to raise half your stack.

RacersEdge
10-13-2004, 10:59 PM
I'm with you.

Let's look at these numbers here closer and say my brain kicks in afer the raise to 1500. At that point, by going the rest of the way all-in, I'm getting 3.3-1 odds. But can I put my opponent on any pair TT or greater, thereby making me a big underdog of over 4-1 - and fold?