PDA

View Full Version : Desperation/bubble time? T2o from BB

2planka
10-13-2004, 09:49 PM
A tough beat (KK loses to KJo) sent me from chip leader to desperation time. UTG was loose/passive even this late in the game (this is hand #147). Big blind special hits TPNK. How do we play it?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (4 handed)

SB (t6369)
Hero (t1359)
UTG (t2634)
Button (t3138)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls t400, Button folds, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: (t875) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero....???

Do we:

(a) push?
(b) check/push?
(c) check/fold?
(d) check/pray?
(e) start playing cribbage?

Edit: changed title

lastchance
10-13-2004, 09:53 PM
Push and hope.

willperkins
10-13-2004, 09:59 PM
I would go ahead and push. You said UTG was loose /passive so I would take a chance he limped in with overcards and would fold to your push. If he doesn't you still have the best of if against overcards with two cards to come

zephyr
10-13-2004, 10:45 PM
Definetly a push on the flop.

I think one could make a decent argument for pushing preflop, as you're getting around 2.8:1 on your money if your opponent calls, and you may even get just a sliver of FE.

Only my opinion,

Zephyr

2planka
10-14-2004, 08:56 AM
I pushed. UTG used the time bank and called, turning up A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Turn was the 2/images/graemlins/club.gif
River was the 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and I was out.

Results aside, I think pushing was correct here, though in hindsight I can see a case for checking and pushing.

I had been stealing a lot before my stack was crippled on the hand before this one. A check/push may have won it for me, as UTG was playing scared for the most part. Tough to say, but it could have been a better play in this particular situation.