PDA

View Full Version : Sports Fan Fashion Faux Pas?

PhatTBoll
10-13-2004, 04:17 PM
There is a guy sitting two rows in front of me in class wearing a Yankees jersey, brand new Yankees hat, and matching sneakers. This got me thinking about the appropriate amount of team attire to wear in public on the day after a big win.
At what level do you stop looking like a loyal fan and start looking like an ass-clown?

daryn
10-13-2004, 04:18 PM
the jersey or hat were enough to make him look like an assclown as is.

PhatTBoll
10-13-2004, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the jersey or hat were enough to make him look like an assclown as is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I heartily agree. But let's say he was wearing Red Sox attire. How much would he have to be wearing in order for you to be like "hmmm...I like that team too but that guy is just silly"?

nolanfan34
10-13-2004, 04:27 PM
I think people who wear jerseys look ridiculous.

All that's needed is a simple hat and t-shirt, IMO.

Back in the day in high school, I did have a pretty sweet Rangers Starter jacket, in like 1991. Those were pimp.

daryn
10-13-2004, 04:34 PM
just to show i'm not biased,..

yeah you can go overboard. i think the hat or jersey is sufficient. both is a little silly.

ThaSaltCracka
10-13-2004, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At what level do you stop looking like a loyal fan and start looking like an ass-clown?

[/ QUOTE ] Most people who look like ass clowns for wearing to much sporting attire look like ass clowns to begin with, but I will humor you though.

At a game, there is no excessive amount IMO. The day after a game, jersey and hat are excessive, and border on tool status. A hat or a jersey will suffice, unless you can totally rock some pimp [censored], then you look like a playa who happens to be a fan of a winning team(Only a few white people on earth can pull this off.)

Nolan,
I too had a pimp as starter jacket back in the 90's. Go HOYAS!, mine was a pull over coat though, true pimps had dat [censored].