PDA

View Full Version : Luxor Freerolls

michfan
10-13-2004, 03:32 PM
Has anyone played in these. Any info on them would be appreciated. Are they worth the qualifying time? How many players usually play? How long do they take?

Thanks

CMP
10-13-2004, 04:04 PM
Don't know if it's changed, but a couple years ago, my friend accidentally qualified because we played so many hours there (and he had some nice floorperson guide him).

So, he showed up for the freeroll along with N total players, and they did a PrizePool ($700 is it?)/N chop on the spot -- they didn't play, everyone took their share and went on their way.

Sounded like this was the way the "regulars" do it, and he was the only non-regular, so he agreed fairly quickly.

MP

AllVegasPoker.com
10-14-2004, 03:53 AM
The Luxor freerolls are fantastic deals! All you have to do is log 10 hours within certain time periods to play in a freeroll. At the minimum, each qualifying player is guaranteed $50 per person just for showing up to the freeroll. There are two freerolls per week. If you play 10 hours, then you are guaranteed $5 per hour back if you only get the minimum $50.

Of course, the Luxor does have a pretty steep rake $4.00 plus $1.00 jackpot.

[ QUOTE ]
they didn't play, everyone took their share and went on their way.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is quite popular. Usually, when the total prize pool is divided up, everyone walks with around $75 or so.

CountDuckula
12-13-2004, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The Luxor freerolls are fantastic deals! All you have to do is log 10 hours within certain time periods to play in a freeroll. At the minimum, each qualifying player is guaranteed $50 per person just for showing up to the freeroll. There are two freerolls per week. If you play 10 hours, then you are guaranteed $5 per hour back if you only get the minimum $50.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to LV in a couple of weeks, so I went searching for some info, and ran across this. Could you (or someone else) clarify what the qualification rules are for these freerolls? Can you spread the 10 hours out over, say, 2-3 days? Is there a minimum limit you have to play?

Thanks,
Mike

michfan
12-13-2004, 02:33 PM
Any limit qualifies for the time requirement.

You can log the hours at any time in the week prior to the freeroll.

Hope this helps

CountDuckula
12-13-2004, 02:35 PM
Yes, it does help; thanks much!

-Mike