PDA

View Full Version : OK, How 'bout this one?

Gar Pike
10-13-2004, 02:56 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="C00000">saw showdown</font>

UTG+1 (t760)
UTG+2 (t1440)
MP1 (t1218)
MP2 (t2440)
<font color="C00000">MP3 (t2605)</font>
CO (t1120)
<font color="C00000">Hero (t2170)</font>
SB (t880)
BB (t2975)
UTG (t885)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls t30, MP2 calls t30, MP3 calls t30, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls t30, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t180) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets t30</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t225</font>, SB folds, BB folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls t195.

Turn: (t630) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP3 bets t100</font>, Hero calls t100.

River: (t830) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP3 bets t100</font>, Hero calls t100.

Final Pot: t1030
<font color="green">Main Pot: t1030 (t1030), between MP3 and Hero.</font>

I just suck at NL. Probably has to do with my thought processes, or lack thereof.

Pre-flop, with all those callers, I figured I'd play J's for set value, and just call. (You?)

Ont the flop, I have an overpair and I'm thinking I need to price the flush draws out. What could he be calling with? a pair? I think High card flush draw or he's being very tricky with his Q's, K's or A's

Turn... Mepps. Well, not a very strong bet...Am I being trapped?

River... OK, I got what I was hoping for...Too dam bad there's that flush out there. Well, just in case...

Regards,

Gar

SeesTheRiver
10-13-2004, 03:13 PM
i think you have this pot, i was really doubted until i saw the river. maybe he has a low flush and wont call your all in? i thought u got it though regaurdless.

housenuts
10-13-2004, 06:29 PM
that's probably how i would have played this hand.

ReDeYES88
10-13-2004, 06:36 PM
if MP1 and MP2 (the two big stacks) had been limping a ton PF and mucking afterwards, then i very likely would have raised JJ on the button, up to 150 or so (typical bet at t30 blinds would be 120, but with a couple of limpers, i'd juice the pot a little bit more). this would clear the field and help to define your hand.

flop: MP3 min bets. what does this mean? unless he's pretty tricky, doesn't look like a set ("typical" players would check a flopped set, trickier players would min bet it because of the previous). kinda looks like a flush draw, second pair, A kicker, or two overs. Don't think he has a big pair, or he would be as afraid of the two flush as you and act accordingly. I agree with your raise of his min bet. His call makes me wonder.

turn: K /images/graemlins/heart.gif makes it a three flush board. kinda scary. could have hit a K or completed the flush. what's up with the t100 bet into a t630 pot. smacks of a "call me" bet. just small enough for you to bite and see another card. i think he's made at this point, but he sure made it hard for you to let it go.

river: now you hit the only card that would keep you in play. again, he weak bets t100 into a t830 pot. since you're still in it at this point, i think your call is just fine (call me weak). would hate to reraise and have him show me a straight or a flush. with your call you've invested t450, get to see his hand, and there's no reason to follow bad money with good.

without any reads on the players, i probably let it go on the turn with only a couple hundred invested, but i can see why you'd call along. even if you get beat, you've kept your losses quite small, and have plenty of chips left to play out the tourney. no worries.

results?

Bigwig
10-13-2004, 06:45 PM
Raise prelop -- you have position.

As far as the postflop play goes, I like it. You raised the pot, and got called. Then the player didn't price you out. You've got to hope he's got KT or something. I guess you lost the hand?