PDA

View Full Version : 99 Hand on the Button

MEbenhoe
10-13-2004, 02:12 PM
PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif. MP posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG folds, MP (poster) checks, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, MP folds.

Turn: (5 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (7 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>....?

Final Pot: 9 BB

Good Value bet on the river?

Nottom
10-13-2004, 02:35 PM
I usually check behind here unless I know the other guy will routinely call down with an A. Swap the 8 and the T and I think you have a pretty easy bet.

runa
10-13-2004, 02:42 PM
Absent a read I might just check behind. Calling stations will have a higher pair, weak kicker more often than not.

Spook
10-13-2004, 02:56 PM
I read something by Bobby Baldwin that said never to bluff into a flop with a Jack and a Ten. And with three people in there is a good chance someone has some sort of pair or draw.

If he is on a draw that failed he will most likely fold, otherwise he has you beat. I would check this as he is only calling with a ten.

Nemesis
10-13-2004, 04:12 PM
I would check behind on this river... he is either ahead of you and will call or will probably fold if he missed a draw or some overcards. Not a lot of value here i think /images/graemlins/frown.gif

MEbenhoe
10-13-2004, 05:12 PM
Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB has 6h Tc (one pair, tens).
Hero has 9h 9c (one pair, nines).
Outcome: SB wins 9 BB. </font>

I bet thinking I could get tens to fold(especially one that weak) and I didnt get them to fold . Chalk that one up as a misread by me.

Nikla
10-13-2004, 05:37 PM
If you think you'll ever get someone to lay down 2nd pair here you're wrong.

Rest of the hand was goot.

Best regards

MEbenhoe
10-13-2004, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you think you'll ever get someone to lay down 2nd pair here you're wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah we live and learn I guess. Thanks for the advice.

Stormwolf
11-09-2004, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I read something by Bobby Baldwin that said never to bluff into a flop with a Jack and a Ten. And with three people in there is a good chance someone has some sort of pair or draw.

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe this is an interesting statement

AQheartbreak
11-09-2004, 05:01 PM
I check the end. What do you think he has? you can only really beat a 5. What does he have to call the flop with? If he has a draw, he folds. Basically, I think its a really bad value bet becuase if he calls you he almost HAS to have you beat. Unless he will call you with an Ace high.