PDA

View Full Version : QQ and a Hand reading exersise

daveymck
10-13-2004, 12:46 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed)

BB and UTG are all in in on the flop. I wasnt agressive enough with this hand (on the turn mainly) what range of hands do you put the Button on. And can anyone guess his actual holding.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button <font color="purple">(LA-P)</font> caps</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (16.40 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">LA-P bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">LA-P 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (12.40 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">LA-P bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (14.40 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">LA-P bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.40 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 16.40 BB, between BB, UTG+1, Hero and LA-P.</font>

MoreWineII
10-13-2004, 12:55 PM
Range: QQ, KK, AA. I don't think a loose-passive caps preflop with AK, TT or JJ.

Guess: KK

daveymck
10-14-2004, 04:54 AM
Generated a lot of response, he had 3c4c. The idiots are not just in the smaller games.

He has obviously been reading some of CDC's posts.

DeeJ
10-14-2004, 07:50 AM
He caps with 34s and he's just LA-G? This is more maniac territory for me! And bets into a zero value flop?

Fnord
10-14-2004, 08:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He caps with 34s and he's just LA-G? This is more maniac territory for me! And bets into a zero value flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

He had a flush draw on the flop. Picked up a pair on the turn and tripped up on the river.

daveymck
10-14-2004, 08:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He had a flush draw on the flop. Picked up a pair on the turn and tripped up on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looking back on the hand it is almost like he three bet the flop looking to take a free card hit his pair and didnt.

One good addition to the pokertracke gametime window would be a 3 bet with field, not that it would have helped here as I didnt have that many hands with player in question.

MoreWineII
10-14-2004, 11:23 AM
What does LA-P mean? I just assumed it was loose-passive although that wouldn't really account for the "A".

:/

Aces McGee
10-14-2004, 12:11 PM
Loose agressive player.

People have been using LAG (which is really loose aggressive GAME) to mean the same thing. It bothers me when they do, but whatever.

-McGee

chrisgs
10-14-2004, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What does LA-P mean? I just assumed it was loose-passive although that wouldn't really account for the "A".

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's using pokertracker and bison's ratings, I believe LA-P would mean Loose Agressive preflop and Passive postflop. Though he doesn't seem particularly passive postflop here!

MoreWineII
10-14-2004, 01:04 PM
I use LAG. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

jtr
10-14-2004, 01:18 PM
I've seen the results now, obviously, but on reading the post I put him on a TT overplayed preflop and running into his set on the flop, or possibly two high cards in clubs and he's overplaying his flush draw on the flop. Either way, with the non-club turn card, I would have bet out and then folded to a raise.

(LA-P is from Bison's rating scheme, right? This is why I can believe he would cap with TT. Capping with something like A/images/graemlins/club.gifK/images/graemlins/club.gif is legitimate of course.)

Capping with 4c3c is really priceless -- thanks for that.

Fnord
10-14-2004, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If he's using pokertracker and bison's ratings, I believe LA-P would mean Loose Agressive preflop and Passive postflop. Though he doesn't seem particularly passive postflop here!

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he actually has a hand. He probably got his passive post-flop rating by jamming crap pre-flop then backs down when he misses.

MarkL444
10-14-2004, 01:37 PM
I might have bet the river.