PDA

View Full Version : Dreaded freeplay, TPNK

House-Lion
10-13-2004, 12:22 PM
(with Stitch voice)
-I'm lost! /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Is this a case of negative implied odds? Drawheavy board vs two opps and tiny pot. I dont like chasing this kind of hand down anymore only to face I was behind all the way drawing to maybe 2-3 outs. Sugestions?

One tight op and one loose op, loose op sees flop +45% of the hands.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 <font color="purple">(tight)</font> calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (3.33 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, tight calls, Hero folds.

Turn: (2.66 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, tight calls.

River: (4.66 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, tight checks.

Final Pot: 4.66 BB

IndieMatty
10-13-2004, 01:15 PM
Very interested to hear the smarter people on this one. For what it's worth I bet out, seems to work for me, just gotta know when to fold em...(turn raise). With your reads in this case, Mr. Tight doesn't have a Big Q or J9, Ms. Loose could be betting A10, KJ, 2 clubs, etc..

Jonny Melon
10-13-2004, 02:21 PM
You realize you are throwing away top pair to one flop bet against a loose opponent and a tight player who looks to be on a draw. You should bet out here every time, given your position to the looser foe. Would you give up on JJ so easily in this spot? Your hand is much better than that...

Jon

sublime
10-13-2004, 02:27 PM
Bet the flop, why didnt you?

Chris Daddy Cool
10-13-2004, 03:20 PM
what is a "kicker" ?

House-Lion
10-13-2004, 06:07 PM
Thanks for your input.

I didn't bet cause I had more or less given up this pot allready /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Likely I am to weak-tight here, hence this post.

If we pretend the top-card was smaller, like a 9 or so, then the over-card issue becomes even more tricky and also there is an even greater risk that you might be out-kicked. (Isnt there a mention in HFAP about this?)

I like one of the posters analoy with the pair of jacks, problem is I have difficulty recently to play them vs many oponents and the risk of getting out-drawn is big despite trying to protect the hand with check-raises.