PDA

View Full Version : Omaha high only preflop question

04-01-2002, 08:27 PM
I was playing in the $100 buyin omaha high only pot limit game on paradise poker, and I picked up

Ad Jd 10d As in middle position. I was the first to enter the pot, and i raised the maximum. two people called the raise, and then a third reraised the pot. Finally another person reraised a small amount all-in. All of the other players involved had at least 100 in chips, and I only had 100 before the hand started. My question is, what to do here, rereaise all in?, call?, fold? Thanks for any comments, results later...

04-01-2002, 10:05 PM
Man, if you're not willing to re-raise all-in here, when will you?

natedogg

04-01-2002, 11:00 PM
I'd put it all in before the flop- you've got to get maximum value; even though playing this way

gives away your hand, your main concern is to win the pot here and now, and charge the players with

kings or other flush draws maximum price.If one gets there, you weren't going to run them out of this one anyway.

04-02-2002, 03:23 AM
Your only real concern with this hand is that you should wish you could have bought in for $500 or $5,000.

-Zeno

04-02-2002, 07:12 AM
You go all-in even if your aces are not double-suited and you have 3 diamonds. I would not put 5K in a pot where my flush possibilites are limited and where at least one of the other Aces are out. But for $100 you got to do it (or find a smaller game).

- if you think the second re-raiser also has AAxx you might be

in quite bad shape with that many players in the pot. KK,QQ or JJ are then likely winners if the board pairs.

- you can't make any moves postflop with your Ace of spades.

- with that many people in the pot the high cards might not be "live".

A hand like 5678 often wins a multiway pot like this, but I have seen AAxx stand up as well in 5 way pots with just top 2 pair at the end.

result: my guess is that you lost to the spade flush?

OmaHal

04-02-2002, 11:58 PM
Best play is without a doubt to go allin. You wnt to play a side pot heads up against the first raiser, or knock all others out and play heads up for the main pot.

You certainly do not want to be calling a large bet post flop (unless you help of course) so take that out of the equation.