PDA

View Full Version : Party Client Troubles.

parappa
10-13-2004, 11:39 AM
1. When I open a 4th table, the outlines around the player names fizzle and go out and the client crashes. It only happens sometimes and it only seems to happen with a fourth table. Is this likely to be a problem with the software or with my machine?

2. If I click the hand history numbers in the upper right corner and select the text from one of the hands, Ctrl-C to copy instead closes the client. Is there any way to copy text out of this box?

Thanks!

JAque
10-13-2004, 12:20 PM
I do 6 tables at Party and Empire and so do many people here. Your problem seems related to your machine.

What OS are you using?
RAM?
uC speed?
Do you have any other application open when this happens?

Have you tried un-install-re-install of the client?

I am not home to try to copy the HH number, however it should not close the client.

JAque

parappa
10-13-2004, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What OS are you using?

[/ QUOTE ]

Windows 98

[ QUOTE ]
RAM?

[/ QUOTE ]

64 MB

[ QUOTE ]
uC speed?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what this means.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you have any other application open when this happens?

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems to happen more when I have other things open, but it also happens when I just have the poker client open. It's almost as if my memory ebbs away over time.

[ QUOTE ]
Have you tried un-install-re-install of the client?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

JAque
10-13-2004, 01:01 PM
Sounds like not enough RAM issue. 64K is very very small even for WIN98. RAM being so cheap nowdays, I will add another 192Kb for a total of 256kb.

uC = microprocessor
JAque

mistrpug
10-13-2004, 03:23 PM
You should just buy a new computer. You can one much better than what you have now can be had fairly cheap.

CWsports
10-13-2004, 03:38 PM
I also believe it is a RAM problem. My computer is pretty old and only has 128 MB of RAM. I can start 4 tables up at Party but if one table dies down and I close it and then try to add a new table then everything freezes. It's that 4th or 5th table that always causes problems.

Since you only have 64 MB of RAM that would probably cause the 3rd or 4th table to have the same problem for you.

sjguppy
10-13-2004, 04:12 PM
Same issue for me. It happens a lot when I open the 4th table. As long as I don't have any other progams open I usually don't have a problem. It is when I have anything else on my machine working that the borders go away and I have freeze problems. Even with everything closed I have to make sure to never look at my bonus. As soon as that opens my machine will lock up every time. This happens on both of my 98 machines. I don't think it is a ram issue because I have 256k on both and one is a pentium 3 machine. I am guessing it has something to do with the way party works with the operation system.

But saying that, 64k of ram is really not enought to do much more than turn your machine on. A decent machine only runs about $400. It might be time for a new one.