03-28-2002, 07:25 PM
Omaha Hi

My stack: 15$ (utg)

Solid Player: 20$ (utg+1)

Fish stack: 15$ (utg+2)

OK player: 5$ (SB)

Unknown player: 20$ (BB)

5 handed game with 0.5-1$ blinds.

I was UTG with KdKh3d8d and raised the pot. I make it 3.5$. I was hoping to get it heads-up and then take it down after flop.

Solid player folds but Fish calls. Then "OK" player on Button raised all in for 5$ total. BB calls 5$ and I know im quite much of toast here. Anyway, I call... And so does fish.

I am pretty sure that my K´s are better than the Fish and the BB guy´s hands so far. But I won´t win this hand unimproved so now it´s just for me to hope that a K will fall on the flop

Anyway flop comes: J, J, 8 (rainbow) and BB checks... I also checked because I will only get called by better hands and there is nothing in the side-pot to take down. Turn: 9

Now, the all-in player stars to laugh and shows his hand to a guy who have aldready folded. I think he´s holding either a really bad hand or a really good one (not a medium) Im not sure at all... Should I bet or check with that information? (BB checked)

I just checked and so did fish. River: K

Making the board J, J, 8, 9, K

I hit a perfect river and I´m now holding a full house. Now BB bets 10$ and I call, Fish folds...

BB had K, J,X,X. I took it, and I realized how lucky I was hitting that last K on river =)

The button had AhJh9d8s and had the monster hand on flop and turn

I have a few questions:

1. Did the BB checked correctly with his trips on flop hoping to make a full house and then start bet because there is no sidepot??

2. Should I bet that hand on flop to get str8draws out??

3. Would you bet into a laughing all-in player??

Thx /joel (king_j)