PDA

View Full Version : JJ UTG (PLH)

03-27-2002, 10:59 PM
PLH w/ 5,5 blinds. I am dealt JJ UNT and raise to $15. Next player (weak loose) reraises to $50. All fold to me, and I call, tentatively putting my opponent on a good pair or AK (most likely suited).

Flop brings 2, 4, 7 (r). I decide to test my opponent and bet $40. I will lay my hand down if he makes a big raise, as I think he will if he has an higher pair. He just calls.

Turn card is 10 (suit unimportant). I bet $100 and he calls quickly.

River is a King. I check and he checks.

03-27-2002, 11:41 PM

03-28-2002, 12:18 AM
I would have bet the pot or close to it on the turn. He check the river? You must of won- right?

-Zeno

03-28-2002, 12:39 AM
After he checked the river, I thought my hand must be good. To my surprise, he turned over Qs and took down the pot.

03-28-2002, 12:55 AM
After my opponent only calls my bet on the flop, I tentatively put him on AK. The problem is that he knows the flop could not hit me and he has position on me, so there is a small chance that he is slow-playing a big pair. That's why I bet only half the pot on the turn instead of the whole pot, so I wouldn't lose too much if my hand is no good. I feel a normal player would fold his AK on this spot.

04-01-2002, 08:39 AM
Yes a normal player would probably fold AK here, but a loose weak player may call you down with an over pair. I would have put them on this and checked the river as well. I think you played it well. You weren't going to bluff this player on the river. Good check.

04-02-2002, 11:43 PM
I can't really see how you can be ahead here with that river card. He calls quickly when a Ten falls on the turn? Unless you are dealing with an utter maniac here, you must be beat when the King falls on the river (although I can't really see him having AK, but either way, all ways, you must be beat now).

The turn and river cards takes away the two most probable hands you can beat in this situation (TT and AK), but I really feel the quick call on the turn screams of a pocket pair higher than T, most likely Queens.

lars