PDA

View Full Version : TT in the BB

shant
10-13-2004, 02:12 AM
No reads, this is the first hand I played at the table. Wasn't really sure about what to do with this hand. 3-bet preflop?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO (poster) calls, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, CO folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Once it was 3-bet I was pretty sure I was up against a higher pair, but with the gutshot was it worth the call? Not sure about how I played it the rest of the way.

Turn: (11.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (14.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks.

Final Pot: 14.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 14.75 BB, between Hero, UTG and UTG+1.</font> <font color="green"> </font>

ErrantNight
10-13-2004, 02:28 AM
3-bet this preflop, raise on the flop...

what to do if it gets capped back? overpair likely no good, but is 6 outs enough to continue?

daveymck
10-13-2004, 05:08 AM
Have to raise the flop, I dont mind the not three betting pre flop as you are not going to narrow the field as most of them already called 2 bets and you are out of position rest of the hand.

If the flop comes back to you capped after your raise then you can probably get away from this or fold the turn unimproved, especially when the K comes.

I dont like the turn call, your gutshot outs are not all clean and UTG could be looking to check raise again behind you.