PDA

View Full Version : I did it again. Flopping two pair.

TripleH68
10-13-2004, 02:07 AM
PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

I did it again. Flopping two pair out of the BB and waiting for the turn to raise. Is this a play I should just eliminate from my rep...or can it be worth the risk? I always seem to forget the possibility of betting out on the flop and being raised. Ughh. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

UTG+1 is by far the most aggressive player at the table. Been running over a few weaker players for about ten orbits.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">5 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

<font color="brown">I had the field trapped for two bets...</font>

Turn: (4 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

<font color="brown">Button saved my ass here...or did he? </font>

River: (12 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>...

bisonbison
10-13-2004, 02:08 AM
bet the flop. Failing that, check-raise the flop.