PDA

View Full Version : MEGA LAG Bunky goes to SS limit. (Funny stuff inlcuded)

bunky9590
10-13-2004, 01:05 AM
First of all to all of you who complain about the Full Tilt small stakes agmes, shame on your tight nit behinds.I had this table rip roaring in 10 minutes. Flops seen went to 40% and most of them for a raise. So loosen up a little, you gotta give action to get action. Anywho.......

I had some sick beats in NL tonight so I decide to blow off some steam at the Tilt 2/4 limit game. Oh boy, what a doozy. Lets lay out the groundwork....

Bunky buys in for $2250.00 on a 2-4 limit game. What a jerk.

Few hands in I fold a bunch, finally get JTs. I open raise in MP get called by the BB.

Flop 852, (2 hearts)
He checks, I bet he calls.

Turn 7
He checks, I bet he calls.

River K
He checks, I bet , he calls.

He flips 25o. Whoops, Jack high no goot. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Now the entire table has me pegged for a full fledged maniac. Muuuuhhhaaaaahhhhhaaaaaa.

Same guy different hand.

Hand 2: Bunky has A /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif on the button.
Mr. 25o open raises in EP, folded to me, I three bet. Blinds fold.

Flop: 8 high rags
He bets, I call.

Turn another rag.
He bets, I raise, he calls.

River rag.
He checks, I bet, he calls.
KTo , is not good.

Yes, I value bet Ace high on the river.

Now they know I'm a maniac. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Then the hammer drops.

Bunky has red aces in LP.
Mr. 25o limps, MP raises, I three bet, Mr. 25o calls 2 cold, MP caps, I call. 25o calls.

Flop JJ8, 2 clubs.
25o checks, MP bets, I raise, 25o folds. MP calls.

Turn Brick.
He pulls a stop and go bet on me. (Are you serious?)
Oh yeah did I mention...... I raised, again.

He calls.

River: brick
He checks, I bet , he calls.

I flash the AA, he mucks QQ face up.

Now they're confused.
So I'll suckout and see what that does,

Bunky has AQc in the BB, Folded to the SB (Mr. QQ) who is still steaming and wants me bad now.

Sb open raises, I three bets between heartbeats. He calls.

Flop KT4. He best, I raise, he calls.

Turn the lovely J.

Stop and go again. (Didn't he learn the first time??)
Oh yeah, Raise. He calls.

River A.
Double stop and go. (Gotta be a split, lets feed the rake)
He bets, I raise. He just calls.

Jeez, KJo no good there either.
Can't believe he bet the river, let alone called the raise.

Anywho. Bunky doesn't play much limit anymore, so wnated to share a little tilt induced Lag session. comment on any and all hand appreciated.

Vegas here I come!

Gregg

Sponger15SB
10-13-2004, 01:08 AM
Bunky please go back to the NL forum, this one is too crowded by arrogent jerks to make it any fun.

bunky9590
10-13-2004, 01:10 AM
just a visit my friend, getting back to my roots here.

PLNL is still my home. This is just where I grew up /images/graemlins/wink.gif

bunky9590
10-13-2004, 06:56 AM

spamuell
10-13-2004, 07:15 AM
To be honest, it doesn't really seem like you managed to loosen the table up that much. Sure, one guy played very badly against you, but the hands you have described were heads-up. On Party, the same hands would have been a multiway payoff-fest.

bunky9590
10-13-2004, 07:23 AM
There were a boat load of hands that I wasnt in theat were 4 way capped PF. But sorry to say I didnt have the goods to play. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Trix
10-13-2004, 08:50 AM
Someone bet-3bet the river on a KJT,A,x board yesterday vs my AQ with A9.

phixxx
10-13-2004, 09:24 AM
Too bad nomatter what your hand is in party, someone is there to draw out on you.

bdk3clash
10-13-2004, 09:54 AM
I, for one, am very, very impressed. Seriously, though, I doubt that anyone wouldn't have paid you off on your big hands if you hadn't been spewing chips at other times. Table-image is really overrated in small stakes games, particularly online ones. Honestly, it might be good for a bet or two here or there at the cost of several earlier. I doubt it's profitable in the long run.

edtost
10-13-2004, 01:07 PM
bunky has a history of beating up on low limit games by firing chips with both hands.

in an unrelated anecdote, i imagine 10-20 players get scared when bunky turns down his 60 seat to stay with them /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

MoreWineII
10-13-2004, 01:38 PM
So...where's the "funny stuff"?

bunky9590
10-13-2004, 05:11 PM
He called with King High!!!!!

Well. not as funny as Powers, but hey, I won a 40 something pot with Ace high. Well, maybe I have a sick sense of humor.

bunky9590
10-13-2004, 05:24 PM
Thanks Eddie.

It does feel good to play some limit poker now and then. I wont post the nasty beats I took in NL becuase, well, that's not what I do. I did play one hand badly and got stacked for it. But my set of Kins looked so pretty.

Yeah , I do have that rep. God only knows why I get it.

I do know why however. I don't play alot of hands, but the hands I do play, oh boy, chips are flying.

I'm so used to playing in the tighter games, that I can usually just bulldoze the table until they get hip to my antics. Then just hammer away with the goods.

That Jack high quadruple barrel bluff should have folded out Mr. 25o. FWIW, I had him figured for a crap hand that he couldn't call with. Well, he could couldn't he.

I'm not this Lag all the time, but blowing off some steam sure felt good.

Maybe its why at the poker table, People either like me alot, or hate me seriously.

I had a guy who I smacked around at the Borgata 6-12 my last session. My brother was there watching and couldn't get on a table. This guy up and leaves after about 1.5 hours of playing and comes over and is talking to me. I have a 2 minute conversation with him and he leaves. My brother goes to the bathroom and sees him in there.

Guy says, "Who's that guy you're sitting with?"

Response: "My brother"

Guy: " Jesus I hate playing with him. He's so %#&$%@ aggressive"

Response: Yeah, he's wicked aggressive. But he reads situations well.

Guy: "Yeah , too well. Whats he doing at that 6-12 table?"

Response: List is too deep for the 20-40. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Guy: "I've never played anyone that aggressive live before. Does he win?"

Response: "He does better than you can imagine. He plays mostly NL now, he's just effing around tonight giving me a limit lesson."

Guy: "You're not gonna find how to play like that in any book I've read thats for sure. Man, I need a drink. See you later."

I'm a baaaaaaaaaaaad Boy.

Well, he might not like me, but he sure did respect me.

sublime
10-13-2004, 05:32 PM
bunky has a history of beating up on low limit games by firing chips with both hands.

An getting into fights with PokerCoaches /images/graemlins/grin.gif

bunky9590
10-13-2004, 05:47 PM
Yeah, but he started it. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I was merely going to take him outside for a "discussion" of his attitude problem.

Go Sox.

MastiffPaul
10-13-2004, 05:54 PM
"So where's the funny stuff?"

I know, I haven't really seen anyth--

"Too bad nomatter what your hand is in party, someone is there to draw out on you."

Whoops, there it is.

bunky9590
10-13-2004, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I, for one, am very, very impressed.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just set off my El Diablo sarcasm detector. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

In this case, I definitely gave the image of a maniac. Quadruple barrel bluf With Jack high, and buying in for a sick amount of money. Even the fish can recognize a maniac when they see one.

MoreWineII
10-13-2004, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Whoops, there it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate that song.

bdk3clash
10-13-2004, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In this case, I definitely gave the image of a maniac. Quadruple barrel bluf With Jack high, and buying in for a sick amount of money. Even the fish can recognize a maniac when they see one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying you didn't probably get an extra bet or two because of your earlier chip-spewing, I'm just saying that generally it isn't going to be worth it because:

-people really aren't tending to pay much attention to your "image" plays
-they'll pay off your big hands anyway
-this really only works if you show down a stupid bluff, and then catch a big hand, and then your opponent thinks you always bluff.

I guess philosophically I'm not a huge fan of image plays at small stakes games because when you show a successful bluff (when you didn't have to show) or show the nuts when your bet wasn't called or whatever, you really don't know how your opponents are going to react to that extra information you've provided them.

If you show a bluff, are they going to think, "Wow, that guy bluffs all the time, I better call him," or are they going to think "Wow, that guy just showed a bluff, he wants me to think he's always bluffing, I better fold next time."

Who knows.