PDA

View Full Version : The most amazing PLH-hand of ALL TIME?!?

03-25-2002, 12:52 PM
Short-handed, online $.5/1 PL. I decide to mix it up by raising 92s on the button. Both blinds call.

Flop: 6-5-5.

SB checks, BB bets the pot ($10). Hmm. Now, I know BB very well, all the way from the live games I've played with him. He will slowplay a Five here, probably not bet a Six (possibly, but he is sane enough to fold for a raise). He's got about 40 left. I decide to do the insane, and raise the pot (I have a backdoor flush if that helps). Pot-limit is not my grinding game, it's my playground where I have fun for reasonable small amounts of money (ok, $40 is a bit, but this is a clear one-off even by my standards).

Here comes the problem: SB, fairly large stacked stone cold calls all-in!! BB calls too.

Board was: 5-5-6. Turn: 4. River: 5.

Hands:

SB: 34s (with the same backdoor flush as me).

BB: 87s (with a backdoor flush), as expected I was (slightly) ahead.

Me: 92s, a couple of blanks away from winning a PLH pot going to a showdown of about 80 big blinds!!

Comments?

lars

03-25-2002, 03:11 PM
Sounds like the kind of crazy things I do. /images/smile.gif I like the raise for short handed; this is the kind of plays I win tournaments with. I once won one with the same hand (but that was heads up.)

-A-

03-25-2002, 08:18 PM
Ouch! You were in pretty bad shape! Any 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, or 9 beats you. That gives you about a 20% chance of winding up with the best hand.

03-25-2002, 09:14 PM
I once won a $3000 pot with 8 high!

I called a raise with 78spades...

Flop 56spades x

I bet the pot... someone raised, I pushed allin, he called.

two blanks came off... I was just about to muck my hand when I saw a disgusted look on my opponents face.... "8 high" I announced.

"wins" he said /images/biggrin.gif /images/biggrin.gif /images/biggrin.gif

He was holding 34spades!!!!!

Whenever I am sucked out on... I remember this hand!

Cheers,

Keith

03-25-2002, 09:49 PM
If you were heads up with your known opponent thats one thing, but moves like this go down quickly in value as the number of other opponents increases.

03-26-2002, 09:03 AM
> That gives you about a 20% chance of winding up with the best hand

No, because a 9 would generate a redraw with 4 outs to win and 4 outs to split. Actually, he's almost break-even (32.12% pot equity).

cu

Ignatius